6 Days And A Wake Up

chnlisle

Post Master
I can hardly wait. We're headed of to Utah on the 24th. We'll camp Saturday night at our little secret, Goldmine camp on the San Juan. The next night camping somewhere near the Island In The Sky Visitors center and then the White Rim. First night at Hardscrabble and the next 2 at Gooseberry.

I can hardly wait. We're headed of to Utah on the 24th. We'll camp Saturday night at our little secret, Goldmine camp on the San Juan. The next night camping somewhere near the Island In The Sky Visitors center and then the White Rim. First night at Hardscrabble and the next 2 at Gooseberry.

You dawg...take lots of pics and don't scare the wife too much on the WRT!
wink.gif

Thanks guys,
Sunny I really am a little worried about Pam. But I hope for the best. She once refused to ride and walked down from Moki Dugway.

The next night camping somewhere near the Island In The Sky Visitors center and then the White Rim.

Need a suggestion for that camp the night before the WRT...?

Dead Horse Point State Park is just a few (less than 5 miles) from the Island in the Sky visitors center. There is a fee but the views are tremendous. If you like the free stuff better, take the turn off Rt.313, as if entering Dead Horse, but instead of taking the turn into the park, follow the gravel road to the left, towards Long Canyon. A few short miles down that gravel road, before descending into Long Canyon, you'll come into an amazing view of the La Sals and there are several dispersed campsites there. One of my favorites and you'll only be about 15 mins from the visitors center.

Hope you enjoy your long awaited trip on the White Rim Trail!

Walking is often the smart thing. Back when I still did the Sierra Trek (12 miles or so across the Sierras) we often started the trail before daylight and got back long after dark. A walker could make it to camp and have beers and food long before we got there.

Back
Top Bottom