60 lb lift assist struts for sale

captainphx

I have a set of Suspa 60 lb lift assist struts, 10 mm ball socket, 35.43 inches long for sale. Part number C16-10198. They were new on my FWC in March of this year. They are in like new condition. $45 plus shipping.

*****SOLD*****

I have a set of Suspa 60 lb lift assist struts, 10 mm ball socket, 35.43 inches long for sale. Part number C16-10198. They were new on my FWC in March of this year. They are in like new condition. $45 plus shipping. 480-227-1498

Are these the ones FWC puts in the bed area? Why are you selling them?

Are these the ones FWC puts in the bed area? Why are you selling them?

Yes they are. I am selling them because my wife wanted more lift, so I bought 80 lb. struts.

Yes they are. I am selling them because my wife wanted more lift, so I bought 80 lb. struts.

Are they easy to remove for sleeping clearance?

Are they easy to remove for sleeping clearance?

Well, yes, they are. But, you may have to do it a couple of times to get it down. Remove or install with the roof raised.

Put a flat blade screw driver in the indent under the steel spring clip and lift up just enough to remove the strut. Don't let the clip pop off. They are difficult to put back on.

When re-installing, do the same screw driver thing with the lower mount. On the upper mount, you may have to push up on the roof a bit, to line up the ball to the socket.

But, I found out Suspa makes a quick disconnect socket end. I am considering these, although I really don't find a problem leaving the struts installed.

Well, yes, they are. But, you may have to do it a couple of times to get it down. Remove or install with the roof raised.

Put a flat blade screw driver in the indent under the steel spring clip and lift up just enough to remove the strut. Don't let the clip pop off. They are difficult to put back on.

When re-installing, do the same screw driver thing with the lower mount. On the upper mount, you may have to push up on the roof a bit, to line up the ball to the socket.

But, I found out Suspa makes a quick disconnect socket end. I am considering these, although I really don't find a problem leaving the struts installed.

Sounds like too much of a hassle. I think I'll just keep using my speaker stand with the hand crank. That seem to work well.

Back
Top Bottom