7-pin connection

0976claxton

Prior to picking up my used 2009 FWC Hawk, I called up FWC and asked to have an electrical wire kit sent out to me for a used camper that I was buying. What was sent to me was a 3 pin connector kit (trolling motor connectors) among other small things; however, when I went to pick up the camper, I saw that the camper was rigged up for a 7-pin connection. I went back to the FWC instructions and saw a statement in there about how the campers came with a 7-pin or 3-pin depending on year. There is no explanation on what year this 7-pin connector went away, nor did FWC ask (or did I tell them) what year camper I was picking up. Now I have a 3 pin female drilled out on the side of my truck bed, but now I need to somehow switch back to a 7-pin female so I can mate up with the male from the camper. I'm no electrical wizard, so I'm wondering if someone out there can guide me in the right direction on how to wire this up correctly. There doesn't seem to be a 7-pin to 3-pin adapter out there from what I saw. I'm assuming that I need to pull the wiring for the 3-pin and now rewire for a 7-pin. Not sure what that all entails though. Can anyone point me in the direction on this?

if you already have the 3pin wired on your truck , you can get a male end at walmart and install it on the camper. ground, battery, running lights

I already have the male end of the 3 pin (which came in the installation kit). So, you are suggesting that I chop the 7-pin male from the camper then and wire it as a 3? The wiring harness seems to have more than three wires coming into that 7 pin male.

You should get the 7 pin pinout diagram from FWC. You can find diagrams on the Internet but it would probably be best to have them verify that they used the standard setup. I'm guessing they did but it's not my truck and camper. ;)

Back
Top Bottom