73(?) 8' Alaskan cabover

Robyn

We thought this was going to be the ultimate adventure rig, but alas, after much soul-searching and intense discussion, we're going back to the van life. Mainly because the camper lacks enough storage space to swallow all the stuff we bring on trips to ski, climb, or mountain bike (or all 3) without hauling a trailer, and it's decent enough inside that we hesitate to tear things apart to build more customized storage. The whole setup is a little bit heavy, too, though we expected that from the Alaskan it's just not quite the right fit for us. It's also nice to be able to discreetly park just about anywhere and sleep for a night--hard to do with a pop up camper.

The Alaskan we've had since March this year and it's been on a few trips and had no issues. It's been fun having it, no doubt, and a really cool camper. We bought it in Ventura and as far as I know has been in southern California for its entire existence. Most of the interior is in excellent condition and the exterior is faded but has no major dents or damage. The upholstery and stove look like new. Sink has a new pump faucet. Fridge is propane/electric and it works, though we never used it. The furnace also works very well. It is fine for camping as is, but for winter trips it might want some work.

$2000 OBO for the camper. Truck isn't for sale...

Email with any questions or for better quality pictures: therobynatorATgmail.com

Attachments

• camper6.jpg
    camper6.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 172
  • camper8.jpg
    camper8.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 175
  • camper7.jpg
    camper7.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 182
  • camper9.jpg
    camper9.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 184
  • camper1.jpg
    camper1.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 191
  • camper4.jpg
    camper4.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 178
  • camper6.jpg
    camper6.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 156
I too miss my old Sportsmobile Van, but It will no longer fit the size of my family. Good luck to you guys. We are at the point of maxing out our FWC, but I refuse to give in!!

J

Dang, I love the ratty-lookin' rigs. Not to say it looks awful, but definitely well-traveled. Wish I had the cash. Good luck with the sale!

Maybe I missed it, but where are you located?

Thanks,
Steve

South Lake Tahoe, CA. I have to agree, the camper and truck look just right together. If either one was newer it wouldn't be quite the same...

sjxj said:
Dang, I love the ratty-lookin' rigs. Not to say it looks awful, but definitely well-traveled. Wish I had the cash. Good luck with the sale!

Maybe I missed it, but where are you located?

Thanks,
Steve

Do you know what the interior height of the camper is with the top popped? I'm 6'-4" and just a little more than curious at this point.

Thanks again.

Robyn,

I know your ad is old but since there wasn't a "sold" I have to ask, Is the cabover still available,

Thanks,

Michael

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom