'98 FWC Grandby Propane Storage Box

EYEMLOST

Gone Traveling
How is the propane storage box mounted?

I'm gutting the interior and want to permanently remove said box.

It feels solid; like it's bolted at all corners but I see no bolts.

The only fasteners I see are the screws that hold the door on.

My only guess is that it's epoxied where it sits. :unsure:

When I gutted my 86 Grandby, the propane box was mounted with a bolt that went through the bottom of the propane metal box and through the wood shelf that was part of the wing that makes up the shelf over the truck bed cap. There was no epoxy holding it down. Once it was unbolted and the end fitting for the propane was removed, I was able to slide the whole unit out.

Abbiennormal said:
When I gutted my 86 Grandby, the propane box was mounted with a bolt that went through the bottom of the propane metal box and through the wood shelf that was part of the wing that makes up the shelf over the truck bed cap. There was no epoxy holding it down. Once it was unbolted and the end fitting for the propane was removed, I was able to slide the whole unit out.
Ok; guess I have to give the counter-top/shelf/cupboard that's in front of it a closer look.

EYEMLOST said:
Ok; guess I have to give the counter-top/shelf/cupboard that's in front of it a closer look.
Here are a few photos of the propane box removal. This was done after I removed the counter and the faceplate of the cabinet unit. There were two bolts that bolted down the box to the wooden shelf.

20210502_164603.jpg20210508_125426.jpg20210508_131828.jpg20210508_131446.jpg

Back
Top Bottom