'98 Granby (Modified) For Sale

WarpathEngineering

With great regret, I am forced to sell my '98 Granby project, I'm loosing my storage. Purchased in '06 or '07 as someones hunting cabin, it's been stripped to the frame, new insulation, paneling & ceiling, lights installed & partial new siding outside. The cab overhang plywood has also been replaced. When I purchased it, it was constructed to fit a Ford Super Duty and had an extreme gap between the overhang and truck cab roof. I added 4" of depth to the overhang to close the gap and allow for a deeper mattress. It is now a shell and only needs completion. All extra parts already purchased for the product goes with it including new Iota AC/DC distribution panel and Iota Power Converter. It will however need the roof lifts replaced. I'm located in KY so anyone on East of the Mississippi interested in a FWC Grandby now is your chance. Anyone who wants more info, please feel free to call me @ 859-727-2436h or 859-431-1802w or at toofewpontiacs@yahoo.com. If I get no takers, this ones headed for the scrap yard. No reasonable offer refused.

Thanks for looking!

Rick Wolking

Rick, sorry to hear you have to sell your project, I was very interested to see the results of your framing change. I had considered doing something similar to allow for a thicker mattress but never got to it and now the camper is history. Any chance you could post some pictures of the camper as it is now?

I don't know why I didn't think to bring my camera in today. I was planning on posting photos. I'll try and post some tomorrow.

Here are the pictures. They start with what I had and what I ended up with.

Attachments

• Original Frame Ext.jpg
    Original Frame Ext.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 426
  • Original Frame Interior.jpg
    Original Frame Interior.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 435
I used a piece of 4"x3"x1/8" piece of aluminum box tubing and split it to make 2 angles. I cut gores in the webs to allow for the radius.

Attachments

• Drop Structure Radius Detail.jpg
    Drop Structure Radius Detail.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 205
  • Drop Structure 1x4 alumumium.jpg
    Drop Structure 1x4 alumumium.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 220
Once complete, I repaneled to two sides and overhang with new aluminum. I lowered the side window 1" to allow for the slide out supports and also lowered the front pass through window by 1-1/2" to align it with the trucks pass through.

Attachments

• Passenger\'s Fender.jpg
    Passenger\'s Fender.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 311
  • Passenger\'s Side.jpg
    Passenger\'s Side.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 323
I installed new scene lights on the rear, 2 new porch lights and moved the propane tank and shore power inlet to the rear to locate all the utilities ie. electrical, propane & furnace all in the same area.

Attachments

• Driver\'s Fender.jpg
    Driver\'s Fender.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 263
  • Passenger\'s Quarter.jpg
    Passenger\'s Quarter.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 238
Lots of potential there. What kind of shape is the pop-up material in?

Whatever you do don't scrap that thing!

pods8,

The pop up material is in pretty good shape for its age. There are a few pin holes here and there, nothing that would really leak except for a driving rain. The big problem and I'm given to understand is normal for this year camper is the clear flip up windows are distorted due to heat and no longer seal very well so they have the potential to leak once and a while.

pods8,

The pop up material is in pretty good shape for its age. There are a few pin holes here and there, nothing that would really leak except for a driving rain. The big problem and I'm given to understand is normal for this year camper is the clear flip up windows are distorted due to heat and no longer seal very well so they have the potential to leak once and a while.

At least it has the storm flaps to help out there. ;) Mine has a mid 2000's liner on it due to a mishap with the previous owner and I think I'm in the clear on that issue.

Make sure this finds a good home. As mentioned don't scrap it, which you stated in the first post if it doesn't go, we'll start a FWC foster programs or such first. Haha.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom