A couple of other little mods

captainphx

Camper came with a little rectangular backrest cushion. Modified the shape to fit in the space just inside the door.

IMG_0543.jpg

Carpeted side of panel so that the when the ice chest bounces around it won't mar it.

IMG_0529.jpg

As per wife request... a spice rack. Thanks for all the ideas from this forum.

IMG_0526.jpg

What other modifications have you done? I am wondering what to do with the space between the kitchen cabinets and the back window (of the truck, not by the back door). It has a small step in it and it is carpeted. But I dont feel comportable screwing anything into the walls to hold a strap in place.

How did you secure the spice rack? Glue or screws?

Have you put a screen over the rear sliding window? We are wondering how to attach one.

Thanks for any help,
Joaine

I am wondering what to do with the space between the kitchen cabinets and the back window (of the truck, not by the back door). It has a small step in it and it is carpeted.

A sleeping bag stuffs nicely into this spot.

What other modifications have you done? I am wondering what to do with the space between the kitchen cabinets and the back window (of the truck, not by the back door). It has a small step in it and it is carpeted. But I dont feel comportable screwing anything into the walls to hold a strap in place.

Have you put a screen over the rear sliding window? We are wondering how to attach one.

Thanks for any help,
Joaine

I made a screen for my camper to truck sliding window.I used an old window screen frame and cut it to size re did the screen than the unit just sits in the slider frame with the help of some strip foam insulation.Go to the thread "low cost mods" I have a photo there.It's pretty simple and works with no problems.If you don't have an old screen around the house try the dump may be they have a "second hand" store.
Frank

I made a screen for my camper to truck sliding window.I used an old window screen frame and cut it to size re did the screen than the unit just sits in the slider frame with the help of some strip foam insulation.Go to the thread "low cost mods" I have a photo there.It's pretty simple and works with no problems.If you don't have an old screen around the house try the dump may be they have a "second hand" store.
Frank

I tried locating the post for my screen window,with no luck.Must have been back in 2010.If you need a pic I'll post one.
Frank

Thanks for any help,
Joaine

Not sure of what space you are referring to. What model camper do you have?
Spice rack is screwed on, works great.
Never tried putting a screen over the rear sliding window. I have the boot that goes around the window, so no bugs come in that way.

Thanks for the tips. I checked out the 'low cost mods' thread and found lots of good ideas there. Happy trails everyone!

Back
Top Bottom