A Granby Followed Me Home!

spudder

I've been watching for a FWC for quite a while. Used ones are hard to find, especially east of the Rockies. I wanted an older one that would fit my budget but still be a clean serviceable unit.
One finally showed up on Craigslist a couple of months ago.The camper was owned by the brother of the owner of the FWC dealer in Wisconsin. I had talked to him on several occasions and finally decided I'd make the trip up to Wisconsin to look at it. I'm glad I did.
The camper is a 1994 model but could pass for a near new unit. I was pleasantly surprised with it;s overall condition. It has been stored inside it's entire life and has been extremely well cared for.
I want to thank Pat and Sean Dempsey for their hospitality and help in installing the Granby on my Chevy. They went out of their way in helping this old man!

Attachments

• IMG_1707.JPG
    IMG_1707.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_1710.JPG
    IMG_1710.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 202
  • 00H0H_8g7SzZ09yNT_600x450.jpg
    00H0H_8g7SzZ09yNT_600x450.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 202
Nice job spudder. That is a great find!

Is that a basic halfton chevy it is sitting on? Any upgrades to the suspension? It appear level enough—don't you agree?

The truck is a 2002 2500 2WD. It's a little less GVW than a 2500HD. It really handles the camper well and the camper is heavy enough to smooth out the choppy 3/4 ton ride.

Congrats, great looking rig. I'm also a 94 grandby guy from Wisconsin. Full winter of mods planned for me. Best of luck with it.

Back
Top Bottom