A Marine Remembers.....And Is Now Remembered

ski3pin said:
This turned out to be the last story he shared with his daughter. The old Marine passed away this morning on the 73rd anniversary of that great last battle in the Pacific.
Diana and I send a loving hug to The Lady and you. We are so sorry to learn of Ed’s death. I wish I could have met him to tell him how much respect the Marines I served with had for Marines like Ed, those that came before us.

Please accept our heart felt condolences on the passing of your father-in-law.

“True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.”

Arthur Ashe

I'm so sorry to hear that "The Old Marine" passed away, but something tells me, he was ready. He was truly a part of what we call "The Greatest Generation."

Julie & I thank all of you - either here, in private messages, emails, or phone calls - for your kind notes of comfort. How thoughtful of all of you. Julie is tough, like her father, but also wise enough to let go and wish him godspeed. He is back with his wife of over 69 years - she passed on the 3rd of April last year - and with his band of brothers.

Julie's father was laid to rest yesterday, May 1st, at the Sacramento Valley National Cemetery with military honors including the 21 gun salute. Rest in peace, sir.

Flag-002-copy.jpg

Yep Ski, something to remember. That is one right that veterans have and they (who ever that is supposed to be) can't take away from us, no matter what our race, creed or even political party is!

Smoke

Back
Top Bottom