A Quick Trip to Succor Creek and Leslie Gulch

heinphoto said:
Very nice - we are likely headed that way in the couple of weeks, so it is timely. I think the yellow flower is a Blazing Star (Mentzelia sp.).
Thank you! Be prepared for hot temps. I expected mosquitoes, but didn’t see a single one.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Thank you! Be prepared for hot temps. I expected mosquitoes, but didn’t see a single one.
Yes, I have been nervously watching the extended forecast... I have also been worried about mosquitoes, so it is good to hear that they weren't a problem at Succor Creek. I suspect we won't be so lucky at some of the other stops on our trip (we will be on the road for two weeks - mostly in central and eastern Oregon).

Don't forget about the mormon crickets also. We just returned from a trip through that area.

Mr. Sage, this was a delight to see your report! Very nice and great photos that bring the area to life. It makes me wonder, why did we come home? Maybe we should head back out. :)

Thanks Mr. Sage!

the one time i visited leslie gulch, it seemed that i ran into rattlesnakes at every photo stop ! was going to camp with young daughter, but had to change plans.

Nice trip through the area, have wanted to do the same but always end up driving past it on the way to somewhere else. Yep, flowers are Mentzelia (blazing star). Thanks for getting the campfire put out - it is a real head shaker how careless folks are. after 28 years of wildland fire, it gets tiresome to hear about it. But education is always ongoing!

91 degrees! All the big animals were hunkered down in a cool spot. That is beautiful country, been once and want to go back.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom