A REAL GOOD CD

the fisherman

Big Time
There's something here for everybody, even older folks. Not to change the subject but I know how much every body here likes beer, and I know how good it goes with crab, so before we quit for the year maybe we should see who can drink the most beer and who can eat the most crab. I can supply the crab and the cooker, you supply the beer, I would probably do it if there is any interest, and if I can talk my boys into working for a few hours for nothing, let me know, we will probably fish into the first two weeks of Feb.

HERE'S YOUR CHANCE TO EAT CRAB FOR FREE

Attachments

• aaron neville cover.jpg
    aaron neville cover.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 133
Jon,

Is the crab cooker as high tech as the pig cooker?
MMMM crab

Dick

No, and to be honest I will never cook another pig that way, my friend Bobby talked me into that. To do it my way we would have to have dug a fairly deep pit and the pig would have gone on a spit. But with that much wind he might have been right. No, just a 35 gallon pot a blow torch burner and a 10gal. propane bottle, but I can cook up a pretty mean crab.

I love dungeness and I'm good for about two crabs. I'll supply whatever beer you want, but I prefer a Chard with my crab. As a side note, my father used to eat crab. During WWII, he was flying supplies to Alaska. One night he ate an entire King Crab to himself. Got so sick he hasn't tasted crab since. So I'll participate, but not to the point where it ruins my taste for crab for the rest of my life.

Jon, Sounds like a great plan..I know the way up there. I'll bring lots of beer and a jug of airplane gas...Just say when..

I love dungeness and I'm good for about two crabs. I'll supply whatever beer you want, but I prefer a Chard with my crab. As a side note, my father used to eat crab. During WWII, he was flying supplies to Alaska. One night he ate an entire King Crab to himself. Got so sick he hasn't tasted crab since. So I'll participate, but not to the point where it ruins my taste for crab for the rest of my life.

Ted, back in the 70s we would always have a pot going on the boat and we would cook all the broken off legs we ate crab all day long along with many jars of mayonnaise, I started to feel like I was getting the flu but kept eating crab, well I got really sick it turned out that I had iodine posioning from eating too much crab. It's never happened again and I still eat a lot of crab, it's my favorite food, last night we made a crab casserole that was loaded with crab along with melted swiss and guy'ere cheese some green onions a little white wine and panko flour on top for the crunch it's the best, I think I'll make it again tomorrow.

Jon, Sounds like a great plan..I know the way up there. I'll bring lots of beer and a jug of airplane gas...Just say when..

I don't see why not, lets see what happens .

Hey Salty,
Man I do love crab and wish I could be there but there's always San Ignacio in April.
[/quot

Plenty of crab around San Ignacio......Blue Crab!

Salty, you ever make any Crab Cakes outa that stuff?? Growing up on the Chesapeake Bay, they were a childhood staple...I've gotta good recipe. hope to make it up for some crabbie patties next month..

Pic of some San Ig. blues..(actually Datil blues, 30 mile S. of San Ig.)

Attachments

• 1011801270_005.JPG
    1011801270_005.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 127
Back
Top Bottom