A REAL GOOD RUMBLE

the fisherman

Big Time
At about 4:30 this afternoon I was leaving the boat in Eureka, I had made it up the ramp from my slip when the parking lot started to move around pretty darn good. Just found out we had a 6.5 quake 20 mi. west of Cow Town (Ferndale) there is no power where I am, and I heard talk about a Tusnami warning, I don't know if that is true or not, but I'm going to stick around here until I find out for sure. From what I felt I imagine there is some damage around here, still better than tornadoes.

At about 4:30 this afternoon I was leaving the boat in Eureka, I had made it up the ramp from my slip when the parking lot started to move around pretty darn good. Just found out we had a 6.5 quake 20 mi. west of Cow Town (Ferndale) there is no power where I am, and I heard talk about a Tusnami warning, I don't know if that is true or not, but I'm going to stick around here until I find out for sure. From what I felt I imagine there is some damage around here, still better than tornadoes.

Just saw it on the news...Looks like a bunch of broken windows a few overturned selves and power outages....
Very glad you're OK Salty.

Just got home and saw the news. Have to call my sister in McKinleyville and make sure everything is okay.

Stay safe Jon. Did you take her out and get off-shore ??

marc

I guess by now you all know what happened here, there was no Tsunami but I wasn't going to leave the boat until I was sure. I ended up not leaving Eureka until this morning, there was traffic chaos yesterday because of the power outages and some general panic. I have a lot of friends in Eureka most of whom had broken windows etc., so me and my crew spent most of last night cleaning up glass and boarding up windows. When I got home this morning my house was fine I did notice that none of the pictures hanging on the walls were straight anymore, but that's about it. It was a real good jolt, but I was right in the middle of the Loma Prienta deal so this wasn't so bad, I'll take this over tornadoes and hurricanes any day.

I guess by now you all know what happened here, there was no Tsunami but I wasn't going to leave the boat until I was sure. I ended up not leaving Eureka until this morning, there was traffic chaos yesterday because of the power outages and some general panic. I have a lot of friends in Eureka most of whom had broken windows etc., so me and my crew spent most of last night cleaning up glass and boarding up windows. When I got home this morning my house was fine I did notice that none of the pictures hanging on the walls were straight anymore, but that's about it. It was a real good jolt, but I was right in the middle of the Loma Prienta deal so this wasn't so bad, I'll take this over tornadoes and hurricanes any day.

This is what I was worried about, I was sure I would find the "ORIGINAL" laying on my living room floor, the dam thing weighs about a 100# we don't want anything to happen to this piece of art, nobody thought a Picasso was going to be worth squat back in the day.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 124
Back
Top Bottom