A Utah Adventure

Fun report and photos, Mr Moody! Thanks.

I visited Cedar Mesa last May and went to some of the same spots as you. As the photos below show, these canyons are best visited in day light!

gallery_172_17_143159.jpg

gallery_172_17_95187.jpg

gallery_172_17_167277.jpg

gallery_172_17_51166.jpg

Thanks...the deserts here speaks to my soul. I can't put my finger on it, but I come home much more able to take on the 'norms' of the world.

Heading out there again the end of October (20-24th) if anyone is interested.

Fun report and photos, Mr Moody! Thanks.

I visited Cedar Mesa last May and went to some of the same spots as you. As the photos below show, these canyons are best visited in day light!

gallery_172_17_143159.jpg

gallery_172_17_95187.jpg

gallery_172_17_167277.jpg

gallery_172_17_51166.jpg

Nice ones, Stew! Man, I'm salivatin' to be there, but's it's mighty far from California.

Man, I'm salivatin' to be there, but's it's mighty far from California.

True, Mr Hawk, it is closer for Mr Moody and me but I always tried to get to Utah once a year when I lived in Truckee. I first visited one Dec when I was living in San Rafael:
gallery_172_51_50919.jpg

I love that photo...captures the essence of so many trips from when I was a youngster.

Ho, ho, I was still camping like that until I bought my All Terrain Camper in January of '07 and drove it to Pyramid Lake, NV.
gallery_172_14_204347.jpg

In fact, here we are in Death Valley after a very windy night in early '08!
gallery_172_12_253439.jpg

I can't seem to grow up!

Ho, ho, I was still camping like that until I bought my All Terrain Camper in January of '07.

Yep, and I was tent-camping out of the back of my truck until I was 50.
Some guys, guys like Stew and me, grew up campin' without all them dadburn 21st-century camper-coddling creature-comforts!
When I was a youngster I'd just curl up in the leaves under a big ole sagebrush and be happy til dawn...dreamin' of chasin' rabbits!
cool.gif
wink.gif
laugh.gif

When I was a youngster I'd just curl up in the leaves under a big ole sagebrush and be happy til dawn...dreamin' of chasin' rabbits!
cool.gif
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Tent? We don't need no stinkin' tent! :rolleyes:

Great report! Sorry I can't join you in October you seem like a very knowledgable guide. I hope to do a Utah trip in the spring maybe we can meet then.

Even now, I find myself camping vagabond style...I always prefer an umbrella of stars to the nylon castle.

I'll have to post a photo from Labor Day weekend out near Lake Powell...the car, and the dirt. (some beers too)

DD, perhaps I will have a Tundra and camper by then...lots to see and experience in UT.

DSC_0129.jpg

Vagabond Camp...Lake Powell, UT

Nice. It seems that you can't grow up either, Mr Moody! :LOL:

Here's a sunrise Vagabond Camp (with Scout)--somewhere in Nevada.

gallery_172_14_213864.jpg

Back
Top Bottom