A Visit to All Terrian Campers – October 30, 2023

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
Julie and I dropped a lot in elevation yesterday, drove down the hill, and visited the All Terrain Camper facility. This was our second visit since Jeff’s retirement earlier this year.

All-Terrain-Oct2023-005-copy.webp

Marty was very kind and allowed me access to photograph, as I’ve had in the past. I can report that the facility is well supplied and the owner and staff are happy. It is a fun place to visit.

All-Terrain-Oct2023-001-copy.webp

Long time employee, Chad, is installing the outside trim to a new camper in production.

All-Terrain-Oct2023-002-copy.webp

All-Terrain-Oct2023-003-copy.webp

The roof frame is completed and ready for further assembly.

All-Terrain-Oct2023-004-copy.webp

I’ve always been impressed with the arch – for greater strength – that All Terrain builds into their roof. Note: the frame is upside down on the wood table.

Here’s the reason we were down at All Terrain Campers. Our camper is now 10 years old. It has been well used and well loved. But it has not been babied. A pet peeve of mine is product reviews posted after a very short period of ownership. Years back I decided I’d do my first detailed review after 10 years – a decade – with our All Terrain Camper. I asked Marty to get involved by taking a detailed look at the camper. I’m knowledgeable but Marty built it and knows so much more than I do. And, I know I’ll get an honest report.

All-Terrain-Oct2023-006-copy.webp

The inspection started with the roof. Julie was involved too.

All-Terrain-Oct2023-009-copy.webp

Most of you do not know Marty, but what followed is typical Marty behavior. He also wanted to know how the components he puts in a camper are holding up. Here he’s cleaning out the dusty furnace. He wanted to watch it ignite and operate.

All-Terrain-Oct2023-012-copy.webp

He had Brad thoroughly check out the propane tank. Then he said he was turning it over to Brad and Chad to further go over the camper. And he asked if we could leave it – not that they saw anything wrong – but so they could really dig into an inspection.

It sure felt strange driving a naked truck home. Julie told Marty, “We just need it back before Monte turns 71.”

Julie and my review of our All Terrain Camper after 10 years will be coming……………

My Bobcat is 14 years old. No real complaints we don't get the use out of
ours as does Ski but I have had no problems. A great solid camper.

I did notice the "new" campers have been switched to the "rounded" top rear door.
I do like that look.Don't know if it changes the structural strength any but it looks nice.

Here's to many more years of carefree use.

ATC IMO makes the best camper.
Frank

wow thanks that will be a good review. I can imagine Marty having a great time digging into your camper given his energy.

good idea, and good promo for ATC. people need to see all that aluminum framing - its solid.

Youse guys have gotten a lot of use, and a lot of fun out of your camper! Have you tallied up how many total nights?

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
I did notice the "new" campers have been switched to the "rounded" top rear door.
I do like that look.Don't know if it changes the structural strength any but it looks nice.
Interesting comment. What does the frame look like at the top and sides of the door? Does it curve around the corner, or is it squared off?

rubberlegs said:
Youse guys have gotten a lot of use, and a lot of fun out of your camper! Have you tallied up how many total nights?

Interesting comment. What does the frame look like at the top and sides of the door? Does it curve around the corner, or is it squared off?
The framing is the same. Rounded blocks are used in the upper corners to fill the space under the siding.

Julie has every night documented in her notes.

Looking at that roof frame reminds me to be very thankful that ATC uses fiberglass insulation and a ridged and textured cover! No foam squeaks, and no oil can pops.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Looking at that roof frame reminds me to be very thankful that ATC uses fiberglass insulation and a ridged and textured cover! No foam squeaks, and no oil can pops.
And Marty just switched to a higher R value insulation.

ski3pin said:
And Marty just switched to a higher R value insulation.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
I always like to see Marty/ATC update their great product for a better product and not just to look "cute".

Thanks again Marty and crew for building such great campers.
Frank

The truck is no longer naked. We brought the camper home today. Unfortunately we were unable to talk with Marty. He had a death in his family and is traveling. Expect our ten year review the first part of December. Julie and I have a lot going on the remainder of this month. I also have a lot of detailed photos I plan to take.

ski3pin said:
The truck is no longer naked. We brought the camper home today. Unfortunately we were unable to talk with Marty. He had a death in his family and is traveling. Expect our ten year review the first part of December. Julie and I have a lot going on the remainder of this month. I also have a lot of detailed photos I plan to take.
I'll give the quick bottom line review here. Most of you already know, or suspect. The camper is in great shape, looks new, and has held up remarkably well to all the use we've thrown at it. We remain exceedingly happy with our choice to get an All Terrain Camper.

glad to hear the truck is no longer naked. its getting cold outside for goodness sakes .

I'm already looking forward to the 20 year report, which will also surely be all A's. You may develop issues in your fingers from writing up all the trip reports though!

ski3pin said:
The framing is the same. Rounded blocks are used in the upper corners to fill the space under the siding.

Julie has every night documented in her notes.
I try to document every night we spend as well. Memory aided by paper notes works best for me. Any idea how many nights you've used it over the ~10 years?

Looking forward to the review!

Occidental said:
I try to document every night we spend as well. Memory aided by paper notes works best for me. Any idea how many nights you've used it over the ~10 years?

Looking forward to the review!
Julie tells me we have spent 810 nights in the camper.

Back
Top Bottom