A What? FWC/ATC threat?

We had a discussion on that one before. Looks interesting but who knows when it will actually be produced and how it performs? It also only works on 8 ft beds - and most people have 6 foot beds.

Jay Baldwin...

I don't know for sure but I would bet that Jay Baldwin was the guy who was instrumental in the old Whole Earth Catalog of the 70's. Anybody around who wasn't too messed up to remember back then? He was an extremely forward thinker and right in the middle of many innovative ideas and designs. I hope he has good luck with this....actually it looks quite workable to me.
Brian

Wow, Brian I'm impressed! Whole Earth Catalog, the 70's. I can remember .... ah.... er..... well never mind, it'll come back to me. My memory is just a memory.

Cheers,

Mike

pretty cool, 800lbs though, heaviery than my camper, and i wonder about the use of the inside when it isn't popped...4wheel and ATC win in a landslide. whats the price? thats really the only thing that could give it a chance...even then the time tested attributes of the 4wheel and ATC campers blow it away :D ! just my .02, cool idea though, thanks for posting...

ahh, the 70's

I had a great time in the 70's! At least that is what everyone tells me, I don't remember.

:D
crumb_stoned_agin.jpg

fellas, i think its clear that you all got pretty %$#& faced in the 70's :D , but what are your feelings on the camper?

Seriously? Not much. I read a bad review on that camper that makes sense. Is there an estimate of how many are actually in use?

Stoned and I missed it

I wasn't #*#*# faced until the 80's. I still remember most of the 70's, some of the 80's, 90's were great, still out on how this decade is working out. Wow, too many decades to remember.

Ohh, the camper. Looks neat. Would like to see how it holds up long term. Looks like a lot of metal moving parts and these days that doesn't seem to hold up well long term. Of course if the price is right, it could work for those just wanting to get out of the weather and have a place to change. I am a bit biased though on what I like.

Camper....

What camper Erod?
Grumpy, I love R. Crumb! and I firmly resemble that there cartoon. The 70's were ok for me...back to the land and all...but the 60's were tough for recall....I belong to the "Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club" and was there '64- '65 on a guided missile frigate and any of the 60's after that is a very colorful fog, due to extreme psychotropic measures and far too copious amounts of barley-pop et al. Thank God I gave all that up 25 years ago....I see things as they are today without a chemical filter....feels good.
Brian

Camper does look like a good idea, compact when down, great windows, lots of room when up, and the bed doesn't cover the counter area. I also wonder about the durability, extra weight, lack of access when down, and the price. I sure don't see it replacing a FWC.

I really like the design of these campers. Very Euro and aerodynamic (big word, that high school diploma keeps paying dividends). It looks like you can access the storage when it is folded down. The web site leaves much to be desired, no prices and does it come in models to fit all makes and models of trucks? I would hate to buy a truck and call them only to be told "sorry". Not enough information.
Long live the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers. Off to the secret file in the shed to reminisce.

Mike

Bottom Line

But what kind of cost is this new innovative camper? Looks like there was some R&D put into the product. Is this going to be like the EarthRoamer? Way out there in the cost factor. Why do you think "used" FWC hold their premium value? It's all about the Benjamin's!

Back
Top Bottom