About cutting down a grandby to fit my 2005 crew cab tundra.....

six5

I need to cut down to 48" between the wheel wells, about 57" for the tail gate width and add about 4" in height to clear the cab. Could I cut down the floor just on the roll over bed side to eliminate dealing with all the mechanical side? If the camper is 4ish inches wider on the passenger side hanging over the side of the truck would that matter?

Some guys have added wood to the bottom of the walls to increase the height, how is it attached to the aluminum frame? What is used for new skin on the camper to cover the taller sides?

Can you get a taller door so there isn't a tall lip to step over (trip over) getting in and out?

I'd appreciate your good ideas.... since I upgraded to this truck I haven't been in the desert and I really miss it, my old FWC fleet served me well for 15 years. Regards, Six5

Not sure how "finished" your Grandby is, but you might be better off and have a cleaner job by building a complete new floor pack. Look at some of the rebuild and build threads and get an idea how to build a floor pack.

Back
Top Bottom