Adding pump to sink

DarylT

Prowled a bit but couldn't find a thread that answered my specific question- sorry if it has already been addressed elsewhere.

I have a 2006 Eagle with a hand pump sink. Want to add a 12 volt pump because the hand pump sink faucet is not effective.

I am pretty sure the wiring is set up already as there are some wires with crimp fittings right there under the sink as if it could have been included but whomever originally bought it opted for the hand pump version.
The battery meter (lame red/yellow/green thing) and water tank gauge (not currently working) has a small rocker switch labeled "pump"- is this supposed to turn the pump on if there is one?

Many of the pumps I see online don't have an on/off switch, rather they turn on automatically when the faucet is opened creating a drop in pressure. Will the hand pump faucet work with one of these pumps? Do I need a different pump setup?
I found one that is a pump and faucet with an on/off switch on the faucet- do I need that one?

https://www.amazon.com/High-end-Powerful-Maso-Self-Priming-Motorhome/dp/B07FL14Y7C/ref=sr_1_13?crid=UP95FGQWS1XO&keywords=12+volt+rv+sink+pump&qid=1646084660&sprefix=12+volt+rv+sink+pump%2Caps%2C187&sr=8-13

Thanks for the help!

Get a test light and connect it to the wires you state are by the faucet, then turn the panel switch on and off to see if you get power at those wires.

I have an Eagle, it has the electric pump and also a hand pump at the faucet. If you don't put the hand pump lever all the way down, the electric pump can't push the water through. The electric pump in mine will not cycle when it builds/looses pressure, it is either on or off and controlled by the switch.

You may want to consider a pre-pressurized accumulator to keep the pump from pulsating. I don’t believe they’re too expensive, and I beats having water delivered in staccato like bursts.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
You may want to consider a pre-pressurized accumulator to keep the pump from pulsating. I don’t believe they’re too expensive, and I beats having water delivered in staccato like bursts.
I am interested in this for my 2021 Grandby. When I turn the water on at a low flow rate, it cycles on and off as you describe. Any particular accumulator you recommend I look at?

Checked under the sink today. Used a multimeter to confirm that the pump switch is linked to the wires under the faucet and water line.

So I need to find a pump that will turn on and off via a switch rather than one that maintains a steady pressure? Any specific guidance from the brains out there?

The additional chamber thing sounds cool but it is kinda big? Probably should get the pump sorted first.

You want a pump controlled by a pressure switch. The switch on your cabinet enables the pump (which then switches on and off based on the pressure switch) or cuts off the power to the pump so it doesn’t run at all.

The pump and the expansion tank are each moderately large for these tight cabinets. I would suggest planning for the installation of both, trying to locate and orient them so they can be drained for winterizing via the existing system drains.

Back
Top Bottom