Adding shore power

I saw a device from Progressive Dynamics that combines an AC circuit panel, DC fuse block, and a charger/converter all into one box and it costs less than $200. It's supposed to be able to charge LiFePO4 too. In the manual it says in LiFePO4 mode it constantly sends 14.6v, does not mention a float mode at all.

Is there any reason not to use a device like this for my setup? Thanks!

https://www.progressivedyn.com/pd4100-series/

I'm not fond of having "all my eggs in one basket". It is a neat system. Odd that they don't make the voltages adjustable. 14.6 is a bit on the high side.

Vic, is it a problem that the charger does not have specific charge profiles for bulk, absorb, float, etc? Does sending the same 14.6 voltage at all times, regardless of SOC, cause a problem? Thanks.

jdavis said:
Vic, is it a problem that the charger does not have specific charge profiles for bulk, absorb, float, etc? Does sending the same 14.6 voltage at all times, regardless of SOC, cause a problem? Thanks.
Lithium batteries do not use those charge profiles. They charge until full and then we should stop charging them. On off situation. Even with Victron gear, the float setting is set low enough that they don’t actually float.

Back
Top Bottom