Adding thermostat to older FWC Eagle (2001)?

kmcintyre

Just curious if you can add a thermostat (inside the camper) for an older furnace? Anyone done it?

Thanks.

Stan,

It does have a furnace but I haven't been able to find the thermostat (I wanted to replace it with a digital one). Any ideas where to look? I would think it'd be obvious but I haven't found it yet.

Many thanks!

Kevin

The older FWC had a radiant heater with a pilot light and no fan. They were not hooked up to the battery and didn't have a separate thermostat. If this is the case, The thermostat is on the bottom part of the heater behind the bottom part of the metal grate. There's a knob on the right to light the pilot and turn on the gas, and a knob on the left (thermostat) to adjust the temperature. I'm not aware of any way to add a separate thermostat if this is the kind of heater you have.

The 2001 Eagle will have a forced air furnace, if it has a factory installed furnace.

Did they install an after market catalytic furnace?

Can you post pictures of the cabinets and the furnace?

That will tell me everything.

: )

Thanks

I have a few pictures but I'm not sure they'll help but the unit is an Atwood 8516-iv-dclp unit. I found the manual and will take a look and see where the thermostat is located. It's not obvious to me at this point.

Back
Top Bottom