Adopted -> North Face VE 24 tent - Free to good home

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
An oldie but a goodie. I bought it in 1978 or ‘79.

No tears in tent or fly, the poles are fine. It’s kinda smelly from spending a few years in the bag (the urethane is breaking down), and although it never leaked, I suspect it could use a good scrubbing and application of a fabric sealant on the floor and fly. The VE 24 was North Face’s flagship 4 season tent of the era. I believe it’s the same tent as the VE 25, but without the vestibule. The 25 is still being made.

Send me a PM if you’re interested. Local pickup preferred, Life is a bit busy at the moment.

Wonderful! I don't think I've ever slept in a VE 24. Slept in VE 25's but not a 24. What else do you have in your museum? :)

Optimus 8R, Coleman gas 2 burner and lantern from late 50s. From the days when you could buy white gas from the barrel, pump it into a glass gallon jug and head out...

Wandering Sagebrush said:
I’m glad it will go to a good home. My other option was give it to my grandsons, who of course would have destroyed it in minutes.
That’s hilarious! Nice that’s it’s going to a new home.

Dang. Spent years in a VE 24 guiding and fooling around. Bought a LL Bean design like it and now that is worn out too. Don't like the VE 25 so an old 24 would have been great. Glad it is still in use!

Back
Top Bottom