Air Compressor Thread

Mark W. Ingalls

Contributors
Here is where Scott Bailey started this thread without actually starting a new thread. :mad:

Here is Marc's reply.

(Not being the moderator, I can only link these up for the benefit of future searchers...)

I bought a Q-Industries MV50 (a la Marc?) from the local Four Wheel Parts store on impulse. It was on sale for around the Amazon price. The thing works fast and fairly quietly. The gauge is not accurate when the pump is running, but it is when the pump is off.

Chime in, members!

I am using the same unit in both the Dodge and the Jeep. I have had good success with them both.

Kyle

Ditto for me with no complaints. Got mine at Costco for around $49 if I remember correctly. Pretty sure they still sell 'em. Great deal.

For $49.00 they are a great deal and there was a good writeup about compressors with all the big names and the mv50 held it's own.

Decision Time?

I put the MV-50 in my Amazon basket... But I'm inclined to wait awhile and see if I can get a 100% duty cycle Viair. Faster and less worry about overheating...

For what it is worth... I have yet to overheat mine filling the 35s on my Jeep from ~12 PSI to 30 PSI in the AZ heat.

A friend of mine did overheat his though on his TJ. His didn't have very much airflow around it in his mounting location...

Baja Proven

Triple digit temps on the Vizcaino...no problems...

Attachments

• IMG_0702.JPG
    IMG_0702.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 511
mv-50

When I air up, (30-65 psi) I have not yet over heated this little unit. I have a friend who mounted his side ways under his hood and hardwired it to his battery. It looks slick and is always ready to go. :thumb:

tread lightly

marc

i've tried two of these but cant get them to last much more than 6 -12 months. 33" tires and used to inflate all four a few times per months. i put on my own gauge and quality hose.

oh well, pretty good price and much better airflow than comparably priced units.

It's working so far

I got mine from Costco about 2 years ago, use it maybe once a month to inflate the tires, air beds, balls, bikes, pool floats, baby pools etc.

It does get hot, really hot, when running for more than 10 minutes, but it just doesn't happen very often.

So, in the end I am very happy with it, especially for the $49.- I paid.

Just my 2.- MX Pesos opinion

Back
Top Bottom