Alaska Highway Closed at Watson lake and Teslin, Yukon

robbie

The Alaska Highway is closed to northward travel at Watson lake, Yukon.

I understand the highway is closed at Teslin, Yukon for southbound travel.

We have had so much rain here in the last two weeks that there is flooding and a couple of slides.

I came down the Alaska Highway yesterday morning and there was one bad spot on the road, but the highway crew had already diverted the water by 6 AM when I went by.

I can see the closed sign from my office so will post when it is taken down.

The Robert Campbell Highway is closed to going north of Watson Lake.

My wife is driving the Stewart Cassiar highway south today. She was at Dease lake last night and said the road is ok.

Robbie

I really enjoy your road and traffic reports from the Yukon, Robbie!

Me too! Someday we may see your area ourselves

Driving to and through Alaska is high on our list of trips to make. Unfortunately not going to happen in the foreseeable future unfortunately but I really enjoy hearing bits and pieces from those of you making the trip or whom live there and send us info from time to time. Thanks!

Hi Barry. Interesting to hear you road reports. I can see the area in my minds eye. Hope your wife doesn't run into trouble on the Cassiar like last year. That was quite a mess. We are glad we weren't a day earlier,we would have been in Stewart at the time of the slides and it sounded like the people were stuck there and had to have their campers barged out. Not much fun, although an adventure.
Frank

Thanks for the road update. Currently 102 here, could use some of your rain. Glad we are not heading that way for another four weeks. It will be August by the time we get to WL. Looking forward to a visit. By then the Campbell should be good for us.
Michael

We will be on the robert Campbell next week. spending a week fishing along the road. Was up last week and two casts and one pike and one grayling. both released.

The robert Campbell is a mess for driving mostly the bottom 70 miles from top of simpson lake to watson lake.
Alaska highway stikll closed as of 3:50 friday.

Come on up to Watson lake. Should be quite a party here tonioght with all the extras in town.

Robbie

Wow the highway is still a mess. I have 9 here for supper tonight. Lots of stranded people in town.

Looks like a bad one.....

Robbie

4 PM, Monday, June 11/12 - alaska Highway Still Closed 100 miles west of Watson Lake....
All traffic is being stopped at Watson lake..
There has been a Herculese transport into Watson Lake a few times already to take groceries fom the stranded trucks to the stores in whitehorse. One Herc takes 4 transport loads...

Robbie

The Alaska Highway is now open for all traffic...

it is 12 noon pacific time. road opened for all traffic at about 7 this morning...

Robbie

The Robert Campbell highway (?) is now open too.
Hello to a FWC Finch in Watson Lake on a grey toyota tacoma quad cab from Pennseylvania
Saw you at the RV park tonight...

Robbie
[/quote]

Back
Top Bottom