Alaskan Camper on Flat bed

Carlyle

Hi everyone and it's nice to see a forum with a section dedicated to Alaskan campers. It's always good to discuss campers with other owners. I've been on the ExPo forum for awhile and actually chronicled the build up of my camper there. http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9502&highlight=carlyle

DSC01826.jpg

DSC01962.jpg

DSC01711.jpg

DSC02027.jpg

Wow! I just finished reading the link to your build and I must say, I am impressed. Talk about a dream machine. Your subsequent mods are very interesting and show a great deal of thought and inventiveness on your part. Well done!

I'm sure you have been asked how much money you have in your rig, but like me, I suspect you really don't want to start adding it up.

Mike

Hey Carlyle,

Good to see you over here! I've quit contributing over "there" for several reasons.

Have you done any further mods??? I hope share them with us.

Welcome to the board Carlyle. Can you tell me more about the flatbed? What is the name of the manufacturer? Do they have a website?

Hi Carlyle, Great rig. I followed your build on the Expedition portal with great interest.It spawned lots of usefull information and ideas.Thanks for sharing your build.

Kevin.

Thanks for the worm welcome!

No major upgrades lately, but I will go over some small improvements in the near future. Most of our summer thus far has been taken up building a home for our Alaskan.

2010-07-08152151.jpg

24'x 32' fully insulated, 6+ kwh solar system, etc

Hi Carlyle, nice little shack/dog house,it is almost as big as my house! What are the silver pot hangy things,heaters or lights.
Kevin.

1. Cost? I stopped adding it up quite a while ago...

2. Aluminum Ute bed form Australia, available from their website or talk to Randy in Seattle the main man.

3. The cans above the truck are retired beer kegs cut in half and modified into cfc floods. Quarter kegs on the side walls. You can't tell this is going to be my home brewing space....

2010-07-15121130.jpg

Back
Top Bottom