Alaskan electric hydraulic pump specs

Ripperj

Can anyone take a pic of their electric pump and valve setup, a name plate would be great, I am upgrading to the new cylinders and may go electric.

I have the electric pump in my Alaskan and will take a picture tomorrow. I found a pump out of a dodge convertible and was going to try it, my son needed it for his camper and it worked as good or better than mine. His rams are larger than mine and his is faster. I rescued it from an auto wrecker for $40. Sure would not like to go back to the old system.

Great info; I also would love to see a picture of your pump set up. I have a 77 8 ft CO with the manual pump. Top goes up ok but it sure would be easier to have it be electric hydraulic. I have looked at some photos of the Chrysler pumps and it looks as if the motor reverses to lower the top? Is the oil sump big enough to raise the Alaskan cylinders and are you reversing the motor to lower the top? I notice the Chrysler rams have hydraulic lines on the top and the bottom. Thanks for the help.

Sorry guys had weather related problems for the last few days, no power for two days, so out comes the generator, but just enough power to keep warm and run the fridge for a while. No internet.

Things are back to normal now so will try to get the pictures tomorrow.

The Chrysler pump does have a power up and down. My son used both but the way Alaskan set mine up you do not need power down, the top weight is enough. Basically I have a valve in the line that either power up or returns to the reservoir. It s very simple system.

My system hold 2 quarts of oil I use auto transmission fluid. Hydraulic oil was to thick to use in the winter. I found out about the quantity of fluid when I had a ram crack when I was in Baja in November. 2quarts all over the floor, I am still cleaning. Alaskan shipped a new one to Yuma in two days. Great service from them! Took about 3 hours to replace the rear passengers side one.

Back
Top Bottom