Alaskan Running Light Bulb Number?

PackRat

Hmm...I have removed one bulb so far that was dead but it is also oxidized so I can't read anything on the brass tube....what is the factory replacement number for the standard Bargman 52 - 552 fixture running light bulbs? The same fixture is used for amber and red lenses and they are interchangeable. I want to go buy a bunch just ONCE from the store and not be going back and forth.

Has anyone got a manual from a mid 1970s (1976 to be exact...) Alaskan that lists a part number for the BULB only?

My rig has FOURTEEN running lights so I anticipate cleaning the contacts on the fixtures and the ground screws once I get my electrical system sorted out.

I could use a "pigtail" if anyone has one laying around or at least the two-pin male connector for the 12-volt reading light/rear light and the running lights. I could build the rest but that male fitting is AWOL on my rig.

Take it down to your local auto parts store. They should have something. Once you figure it out, find some LED replacements.

Hi Mark...the one I have in front me now is oxidized so I don't have a number....they are "bayonet" type, single pole bulbs. I have been checking the internet with that much info alone and there are many different wattages available for similar incandescent bulbs. I assume that LED options would also have different lumens available.

Generally speaking I think LEDs are more like "prison lighting"...that is, a harsh glare and not a "warmer" old-fashioned incandescent type of light. I don't need high powered bulbs as they are simply exterior marker lights.

When the county replaced the sodium vapor lamps in the street lights here, the power pole at the corner of my lot had one replaced for the LED version. While the sodium vapor was not at all inviting, the glare of the LED one isn't either.....it is BRIGHTER, which deters crime so they say, but I'm lucky our bedrooms are on the other side of the house as I don't really like the "lit up like Las Vegas" exterior much....I prefer moonlight.

Oh Well...anyone have the original bulb in an Alaskan they can grab the part number off of? Maybe you parts scroungers have a couple in your stash you could eyeball for me please?

Went to NAPA and showed them a BARGMAN 52 552...SAE P-PI 68 marked running light base, the BARGMAN 52 SAE-P-PI 68 Amber lens and the mini bayonet single contact B15 style bulb. The counterman came back with a box marked "MINIATURE LAMP" and "57" as well as "14V" and "2CP" so unless anyone has an original Alaskan manual from the '70s or so that indicates something greater or lesser than a two candlepower bulb is required, I think I am good to go.

While the base of the bulb says nothing more than "WAGNER" on it, the box also said "Made in China", no surprises there.

Back
Top Bottom