Alberta Four Wheel Camper

Bird Dog

I would like to look at a Four Wheel Hawk or similar prior to purchasing. We live south of Edmonton Alberta. Are there any in our area that we could look at? I am considering a shell model as we would need room for a couple bird dog crates and miscellaneous gear in the back as well. Thanks.

Wandering Sagebrush, we have a couple pointing dogs and yes the crates may not fit through the door. I saw a 4 wheel camper drive through our small town south of Edmonton a couple weeks ago... should have tracked him down! LOL We have a bumper pull trailer which works for some trips, but I am missing the flexibility of a truck camper. Just looking for something I can sleep and do some basic cooking in and then pull a horse or boat trailer when I need to. Thanks.

It's going to be tight with two pointing pups, but certainly doable. We have two GWHPs, one of which is just 11 weeks. I'm thinking just one of them with me when I'm out in the Bobcat. I did run into a couple in Arizona with two wirehairs with them in an Alaskan cabover. They were pretty much full timing it. Their secret was a small cargo trailer behind the truck.

If you go with a shell, at minimum, get a furnace. You might give ATC a call. They are open to custom work. I'm happy with mine...

Let's see some pictures of the dogs :)

I live in St Albert. PM me and I can give you a tour. Be carful though ... there is no turning back ....

I use collapsable kennels for my dogs - they open up inside the camper. My German Shepherd is 80lbs.

I know of 4 FWC's in Edmonton - you do not see them very often.

Back
Top Bottom