Almost a Stolpa Adventure

AWG_Pics said:
I wonder why it is always males? I never hear of 60 year old women hiking alone across death valley in the summer and dying. Or trying to jump Devil's Churn near Yachats and dying, etc, etc, etc.
I'll just leave the answer I might give to that question up to your imagination. :)

We would always add this to all the outdoor skill classes we taught - "If you want to stay alive in the outdoors, travel with a woman and listen to her."

Women are smart. Men are stupid.

Wouldn't happen to me. Says the guy who'll take off hiking in tennis shoes, leave the gps and inreach behind and carry a single bottle of water. Riley is a good dog but he's no Lassie either :)

Ha-ha! 2nd husband took it very personally when I disagreed with his course of action and his hissy fits often resulted in a demand to let him out of the car, he would walk home (from Mcgill, Nevada to Bridgeport? yeah - right) My only regret is that I did not let him have his way. Two hours of begging an immature imbecile to get back in the truck is absolutely exhausting - especially when he would run off into the sagebrush and play hide and seek, one time with a broken bottle. It is nice to see some men here who are, well, sane.

But really - I can't understand why anyone would believe a back road would be passable when an interstate highway is not even when a woman is not there to correct him.

I think of it in scientific terms - inertia. Once an idiot is in motion, he tends to remain in motion. Once an idiot is at rest, he tends to remain at rest.

ski3pin said:
I think of it in scientific terms - inertia. Once an idiot is in motion, he tends to remain in motion. Once an idiot is at rest, he tends to remain at rest.
I will, with your permission, use this quote as appropriate in future conversations!

ski3pin said:
Winner, Winner!

Monte, I’m stealing that! Just remember, plagiarism is a sincere form of flattery.

Back
Top Bottom