Alsea Falls Recreation Area, OR

With the rivers flowing good, we went out for a day hike last weekend to some of our local waterfalls. Alsea Falls Recreation Area is east of Alsea and west of Monroe. It was a nice sunny day, after many cloudy, rainy days. In about 3 miles (roundtrip) of hiking you can hit Alsea and Green Peak falls.

Attachments

• Alsea Waterfall 1_sm.jpg
    Alsea Waterfall 1_sm.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 455
  • Green Peak Falls_sm.jpg
    Green Peak Falls_sm.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 460
Thanks ... I do my "wandering" in Subaru Wagon or a Geo Tracker so I designed a compact, lightweight trailer they could handle towing in mild off-pavement conditions.

Thanks for the welcome, since I tow my camper verses toss it in the back of a truck I wasn't sure if I'd be welcome :)

Here is another pic of Alsea Falls from that day.

Attachments

• alsea falls upper.jpg
    alsea falls upper.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 373
Thanks for the welcome, since I tow my camper verses toss it in the back of a truck I wasn't sure if I'd be welcome :)

You show pictures, we like pictures, pictures are good, you welcome here:thumb:

Welcome to the forum.......

Yes, can't ever post too many pics. How's that thing for getting into and out of? I'm that age when I have to get up at least once a night. I'd hate to fall out.

Ok, pictures are the way to a "Wanders" heart :D Thanks for the welcomes.

Craig, if you can climb a ladder you shouldn't have a problem. Hmmm, there is a door on both sides of the tent, depending who is camping next to you, one side could be for getting in and just flip the door open on the other side and let her rip when mother nature calls :eek:

It is funny how many people ask about falling out. I normally just ask, when was the last time you woke up asleep in the dirt outside your ground tent? :rolleyes:

Better close with a picture

Attachments

• rainier-subby-trip3.jpg
    rainier-subby-trip3.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 347
Back
Top Bottom