Alternate lifters

Hi a8ksh4
I was reading your posts, and if I remember your solar panel is more towards the front. You might give some thought to relocating it to the center of the roof. It might help.
Russ

Those look great! wish they were set up for a FWC. $130 is a great price. Looks like they would need to mount to the ceiling sort of inboard of the outer border though so not sure if these would work on a FWC...thoughts on this?

I just measured 26" on my 90's Ranger II...bummed that FWC's version costs about 4 times this. the conduit version is so cheap, but i wish i understood the design of the panels better. FWC has been around a long time and if they chose to keep the panels there must be a reason. I'm glad they came to the realization that Luan Plywood and rivets weren't a great idea but I wish I could find the material they do use to refurb my own. In the end I may just go for the plywood since it lasted this long already.

WillTheThri11 said:
I just measured 26" on my 90's Ranger II...bummed that FWC's version costs about 4 times this. the conduit version is so cheap, but i wish i understood the design of the panels better. FWC has been around a long time and if they chose to keep the panels there must be a reason. I'm glad they came to the realization that Luan Plywood and rivets weren't a great idea but I wish I could find the material they do use to refurb my own. In the end I may just go for the plywood since it lasted this long already.
If you don’t want to do it yourself, give the folks at ATC a call. They’re great to work with.

I emailed ATC, they're about $300 per set so $600 for front and rear plus crate fee and freight (if needed) and they still use wood. FWC is ~$450 per set for the composite. I'm going to see if I can source some of that composte panel myself and retrofit my existing spring hinges.

Back
Top Bottom