Aluminess on GMC's with FWC Hawk

Bombsight

Anyone know why Aluminess doesn't have a GMC product list .... rear bumpers to be specific?

Looking at their site, Chevy models are only listed up to 2014 models. No GMC's are even mentioned.

Do they eventually produce later model designs? Maybe it just takes a year or two before they are mass produced?

What are the chances of a bumper that fits a 2016 Silverado fitting a 2016 Sierra anytime soon?

Rumor is that they need a GMC "model truck" for a few weeks before rear bumpers can be produced.

I have intensions of calling them directly but thought I'd ask you guys about their practices first.

I don't know about their business plans, but I have an Aluminess rear on my Tacoma and love it.

I got mine with the rear spare and deluxe box and I expect I was the first to order that combination on a narrow truck like the Taco since the spare was too far towards the middle and bumped into the box when trying to close it. They quickly made up a bracket, after I sent them some measurements, to move the spare far enough to the left for everything to fit. In fact, they fabbed one up and painted it so I could have it for a planned trip and then made another properly powder coated and sent me that one too.

Great folks to deal with.

I have spoken to them several times I have a 2015 GMC with a Hawk. They WANT to make one, but they need a vehicle in their shop for a week or so. Since I am in North Cal that is not really an option for me. If you are near their location in San Diego - PLEASE let them use your truck.

I had to go with a FabFours front bumper which I like quite a bit, but it is steel and weighs a ton (ok probably a quarter ton).

cdbrow1 said:
I have spoken to them several times I have a 2015 GMC with a Hawk. They WANT to make one, but they need a vehicle in their shop for a week or so. Since I am in North Cal that is not really an option for me. If you are near their location in San Diego - PLEASE let them use your truck.

I had to go with a FabFours front bumper which I like quite a bit, but it is steel and weighs a ton (ok probably a quarter ton).
I would have to drive two days there and two days back after leaving it for 2-3 weeks. Thats FOUR trips!
It's hard for me to believe that they can't find a model GMC anywhere in their local area. :cautious:

I'd be better off renting a GMC in California and paying to have it delivered for them fondle for three weeks instead of driving all over the USA.

cdbrow1 said:

I am in the area with a 2008 GMC 2500 Z71 with a FWC Hawk on it. I plan on heading over to aluminess as soon as my schedule allows (a week or so). I have no problem leaving my truck with them for awhile for them to fab stuff up.
I'm not sure what the difference is between a 2008 and a 2015 GMC is. I will keep you guys in the loop.

R5Hotshot said:
I am in the area with a 2008 GMC 2500 Z71 with a FWC Hawk on it. I plan on heading over to aluminess as soon as my schedule allows (a week or so). I have no problem leaving my truck with them for awhile for them to fab stuff up.
I'm not sure what the difference is between a 2008 and a 2015 GMC is. I will keep you guys in the loop.
Thanks, R5 ... Hopefully they can apply your needs to ours and others.

Seems like they could rent modern GMC's for a week and it be worth it to the bottom line Aluminess profits.

Bombsight,

Went to aluminess last week and ordered the rear bumper. Aluminess says that the rear bumper on my GMC is the same bolt pattern as the Chevy. I spoke to them briefly about the front and they said that will be a whole different beast. They've done one GMC front bumper so far but it was based around an extra large winch so it is very boxy. Aluminess said they would have to play around in their CAD to try to get a slimmer/sleeker design. I'm not completely sold on their front bumpers right now for my truck....
I'll post pictures of the rear in about a month or so

R5Hotshot said:
Bombsight,

Went to aluminess last week and ordered the rear bumper. Aluminess says that the rear bumper on my GMC is the same bolt pattern as the Chevy.
I'll post pictures of the rear in about a month or so
Awesome, R5!
So what your saying is that they can ship the rear bumpers for GMC's??

I'm wanting the rear bumper with dual swing arms .... spare tire rack and Deluxe box with rails.

I'm going to call them Monday.

Thanks

Bombsight said:
Awesome, R5!

I'm wanting the rear bumper with dual swing arms .... spare tire rack and Deluxe box with rails.

Thanks
Any word or photos on this yet? Very interested to see if they can do a 2015.

Bombsight said:
Awesome, R5!

Thanks
Aluminess FedEx Freight my F-250 rear bumper from Sandy Eggo to Raleigh, NC for ~$500. The bumper was a superb addition to my now sold 2003 F-250. I had the spare tire carrier on the left and a simple box on the right to hold four Spectre 5G water cans.

Called them last week. Currently, they don't make rear bumpers for GMC's .... and they are so backed up making bumpers for every other model, they shot down my offer to rent a GMC & have it driven to them for measurements.

I feel like I'm hanging.

My rear bumper is still being made. Unknown ETA. It is the swing out rear tire and Deluxe box with rails.
Once I get it installed, I will get pictures up. Hoping it is done by next week.
Again, it is on a 2008 GMC 2500HD Z71.

Vic said:
Is there anything else out there that compares? I really like the weight being about the same as stock.
I've looked over the net till my eyes rolled in the back of my head.
Found nothing with swing out tire rack that would fit with a FWC.

I have looked as well. The closest I have found is the swing away units that mount on the Hitch. Not ideal since they interfere with the rear sensors and just add weight.

Bombsight said:
Not a bad looking bumper. Heavy though .... and yea, I'd never buy something unseen either. Thanks for the link.
I talked to them about a front bumper and they did say they would do it in aluminum, but I went with a Fab Fours because I liked the look better.

Back
Top Bottom