Aluminum Front Bumper installed

Kodachrome

A big thanks to the guys at Aluminess in Santee California for making me a great 55 pound front bumper that is super strong and gave me great front clearance. It was only a couple hundred more than one of those steel jobs and barely even tipped the scales, added about 28 pounds extra over stock. I put PIAA 540 driving lights in the fog light position and did the fog light mod to my truck that makes it to where I can have the fogs on with the brights.

I drove down to our storage tonight to get out our snowshoes and snowboards, it was snowing pretty good the whole way and the fogs just rocked!

So I did this mod about 6 months early, got the itch and now it is scratched.

I just cant seem to get pics to upload right, here is one...

Attachments

• Bumper_B.jpg
    Bumper_B.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 16,123
Very nice bumper. Something I'm hoping to do sometime. As to the fog mod, what do you think of this?
http://danielsternlighting.com/tech/lights/fog_lamps/fog_lamps.html

Very nice. Any idea what thickness it is?

I think the inner mounting structure is 3/8th and the outer is 3/16th. They told me some good stories of people hitting deer and even elk and coming out of it unscathed. I was going to opt out of the hoop but it added all off a couple pounds and makes sense in terms of hitting game....of which I hope I never do.

Very nice bumper. Something I'm hoping to do sometime. As to the fog mod, what do you think of this?
http://danielsternlighting.com/tech/lights/fog_lamps/fog_lamps.html

I think it is dead on, especially only using them when needed. Mine are pretty much aimed in the way that he describes. I also like the fact that in an extreme case, I can just run with parking lights and fogs, forgo the headlamps in a gnarly white out, speed adjusted of course.

Looks really good!!! :cool:

Aluminess makes a great product. I originally ordered one for the front of my truck but my 16.5 Warn was too big for it to fit. But their rear bumper with spare tire and gas can holder is still on my NEED list!!!! :)

That rig is looking pretty sweet. I absolutely love the bumper and the weight is awesome. I totally want one for my Titan. Thanks for posting.

Home Skillet

That bumper looks great on your truck. As soon as they redesign for the 2012 Tacoma, I will be sending Aluminess my $$$.

Back
Top Bottom