Aluminum siding repair

ymc2272

Loaned my 4-wheel camper to some friends for Burning Man, and all I got was a hole in my roof. Measures about 1.5" diameter. Any advice on fixing?

I am sure if they went to burning man than they have tattoos. I would slice one off very carefully, stretch and tan the new leather and cover the hole with your new custom stained glass window. :eek: If that didn't work, get some original roof material, cut out a small square and silicone it over the hole.
Couldn't resist:cool:

Friends don't poke holes in friends campers if they wish to remain on the top of the friend list

money

Also get some money,from the vandal and the insurance company.
For cost of materials,time and mental depression.Beer should work for that.:p
How did this happen,what caused it?Did the camper work well at Bm.
Good luck.:cool:

Probably small enough silicone would be enough. I hope they apologized profusely.

I don't loan my Jeep to anyone. My truck and camper, probably only one person I would trust enough. Pretty much anything else I have I'll loan out.

Thanks

Yeah, last time I loan out the camper. At least they cleaned it up real nice. Seemed to hold its own at BM, even through the 12 hour dust storm and 24/7 drug fueled raves.

By the way, can you find my camper in this pic?

Attachments

• IMG_0045.JPG
    IMG_0045.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 642
Hey there

Feel free to call our production manager when you have time.

800-242-1442

ASK FOR CHICALI ("Chee-Call-E")

He can probably give you some simple tips and tricks for repairing it over the phone.

I would be gald to drop a scrap piece of aluminum roof skin in the mail for you if you want it for the repair.

Just e-mail me your name and mailing address.

No charge.

My direct e-mail address is ... stan@fourwh.com

Or send me a PM (private message) on the forum with your info and I will get it off to you, if you haven't already fixed it by now.

=================================================

Loaned my 4-wheel camper to some friends for Burning Man, and all I got was a hole in my roof. Measures about 1.5" diameter. Any advice on fixing?

Just for those who might be looking for a simple fix on this.

I had some small tears around a few of the screws on the roof and a few "extra holes" from the previous owner. I had some left over roof flashing (From homedepot, pretty cheap and you can buy it in small sheets like12"x12" of 24") any ways I just cut it to shape with my tin snips and used a 2 part epoxy ment for aluminum (also from the depot) and that's it.

The patches took well and are totally sealed. Super cheap and easy.

Cheers.

Anyone here know of a good source for all the siding? I would really like to reskin my '87 Granby.
Thanks -- Doug

Burning Man in a FWC

Did the camper work well at Bm.
Good luck.:cool:

I attended BM in 2007 with my brother-in-law in his motorhome. I plan on going again in 2009 but I wouldn't consider taking my Grandby. That alkali dust is as fine as talcum and will never come out of all the nooks and crannies. I plan on renting a motorhome in Reno.

BTW, if you like big art and don't mind crowds you should go to BM at least once in your life. There is nothing else on earth like it and you don't need drugs to enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom