American Southwest - Spring 2006

Bosque Bill

This is another vintage trip report. When I was living in Austin, TX in 2006 I took a late spring trip to visit friend and family, and to tour a few of the natural sights of the southwest. I drove my Avalon sedan and camped in a very small tent. This was the trip when I decided I was too old to sleep in a tent on the ground, but it took nearly 7 years before I got it together to buy my current camping rig and start my new adventures.

It was a great trip and I wanted to share some of the photos with you. I hope you enjoy them.

American Southwest - Spring 2006

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Bill, nice report. In particular, I love the Hopi Point image. That's one for the wall.
Yes, that one and the cliff dwelling inside the dome- very cool.

Enjoyed this very much. One day I must explore the Southwest. I really like desert, but my only experience has been Sonoran from Nevada to central BC, and--come think of it, the Australian Outback a bit...But this stuff looks simply wonderful. Thanks for posting it.

Bill thanks for sharing a "vintage" trip.
We made some of your places in the early 80s.
Really liked Betatakin/Talastima. Spent a great night there and had a nice walk to the cliff city.
Yes Tuba City is a trip.We have driven through that area a few times and actually spent the Halloween of 02 there
eating "indian"fry bread,yummy.
I always enjoy your reports and the photos.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom