Ammo Can/Groover Mounting System

MMclimbhigh

Hey Wanderers...

Has anyone constructed a way to carry two ammo cans using the jack mounting brackets on a Fleet? I'm looking for a way to pack along 2- 30mm ammo cans. I use the EcoSafe toilet system (used for rafting expeditions) and would like to bring it along on extended desert trips. I've found systems to carry Jerry cans, such as this one. But, I've never seen one for ammo cans.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
MM

Ha! Ha! "Groover" !

My friend was a boatman on Colorado decades ago and we ran the Snake a couple of years ago...he introduced me to the "Groover"...mercifully he had wooden seat to sit on...

The system works and while it is heavy it never leaks...

We have a 'porta-potty' in our Hawk; it fits perfectly under the shelf just inside the door [side dinette]; mostly for my wife...me, I like the great outdoors...

I’ll guess you’re into something custom fabbed. The closest I’ve seen were modded/custom cloth panniers, which of course is something different than your application. I would be interested in seeing what you come up with.

Good luck.

I made a frame for a 4.5 gallon Rotopax and my Maxtrax from 1.25" square steel tubing. The main attachment point is the jack bracket but since it is tall enough, I also attached underneath with lag bolts into the 3 x 3 floor support. A square welded frame when thru-bolted on the jack bracket is very strong. If you would like photos let me know and I'll take a couple once I'm home.

Back
Top Bottom