An East Side Sierra Quickie

Great photos as usual Ski3pin! I don't know how I can call my self a mining historian with a straight face having not been to Bodie. I'll get that situation fixed shortly.

WOW!! Thanks for posting!! Your photography skills are second to NONE!!!!

Beautiful country. Definitely on my short list of places to go!!!

Thanks for the pics Ski. Ya gotta love Bodie.

Attachments

• 2007_1102682Xtrap0081.JPG
    2007_1102682Xtrap0081.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 90
Great pics as always. I can't believe i've never been on 395 north of the 120 JCT. Maybe this summer. You guys are great motivators!

Ah the East Side where tele-turns, hot springs, fly fishing, hiking, biking,and photography all come to play! I've yet to learn the Nevada hot springs, but soon will get out there in my new-to-me '06 Tundra 4WD.

Thanks for the posts and excellent photos, Ski. I think we've got a few things in common.

Andy
www.pbase.com/lighthawk/summer

Attachments

• sadie.jpg
    sadie.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 127
Thanks for the pics Ski. Ya gotta love Bodie.

Oh that's wild, I took nearly the same pic a few weeks ago:

IMG_0720-2.jpg

Must have been right on your heels, soaked at Travertine and took the Masonic Road in from the north after a lovely night under the stars:

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0699-1.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

Gotta love the East Side... :cool:

Great photos you guys! Yep, 395 is one of my most favorite roads.

We used to camp on Green Creek when visiting Bodie or zipping up and down 395. The turn-off is just to the west of 395 between Bridgeport and the road to Bodie.

Anybody been there recently?

We used to camp on Green Creek when visiting Bodie or zipping up and down 395. The turn-off is just to the west of 395 between Bridgeport and the road to Bodie.

Be up there the end of the week for a four day trip into the Hoover Wilderness.

Like Stew, not recently but very soon. See the thread on the XP Camper Rally. That is where we are meeting Friday night. Not sure yet if we will stay there or find a new place while wandering Saturday.

Like Stew, not recently but very soon. See the thread on the XP Camper Rally. That is where we are meeting Friday night. Not sure yet if we will stay there or find a new place while wandering Saturday.

Great choice. Too bad I don't live in Truckee anymore or I'd be down there as well!

Great choice. Too bad I don't live in Truckee anymore or I'd be down there as well!

Geography a barrier for Stew? Man, you ARE getting old :D

Geography a barrier for Stew? Man, you ARE getting old :D

Indeed, but I can only be in so many places at a time. Have a fun time there at Green Creek!

Thanks for the posts and excellent photos, Ski. I think we've got a few things in common.

Andy
www.pbase.com/lighthawk/summer

Andy, yes it looks like we do. Took a look at your photo pages, very nice. Lots of familiar places pictured and also enjoyed seeing a few photos of our friend CAM.

Back
Top Bottom