An introduction by a new truck camper owner

Hello all,

New member and happy to have found this forum. Definitely not new to camping (having done everything from tenting to class A to travel trailer to toy hauler back to tenting and then most recently a A-Frame trailer. We definitely “wander the west” based in Alberta and camping from Alaska to Colorado. We were very happy with our highly modified Aliner and had no ideas of changing when a opportunity came along for a 2003 Hallmark Guanella LX w/2003 GMC Sierra 2500 HD duramax. Both are in new condition having had very little usage and been garage stored when not in use. The truck is a regular cab long box 2WD - not ideal as I would have preferred 4WD, but again it’s in amazing condition with new E rated tired, air compressor/bags and only 90,000km (55,000 mi). So, put the Aliner up for sale (sold in 2 days) and now looking forward to joining the pop-up truck camper world. I will be asking plenty of questions in the appropriate forums as there are many upgrades I would like to make to both the truck and Guanella LX. For the truck I’m looking at things like an e-locker, front winch, and Wilco Offroad hitchgate. For the Guanella I have spoken with Bill Ward and I am planning a trip to the Hallmark factory to have some accessories added including a rear ladder, roof rack, maxtrax, and shovel/axe kit. I look forward to talking to you all and getting feedback from others who have done similar things.

Cheers,
Thomas

Welcome aboard Thomas.

With your wide range of past experience it will be interesting to see how you like the pop up version. I've only done the same thing for many years and am always curious about different set ups.

Hope you enjoy your time here with us !

Welcome aboard....

You'll have time before your trip to go though all the Hallmark section posts to learn the Good the Bad and the Ugly and what you may want or not in your Hallmark. I would suggest that after you get through that section you read the ATC and FW forums as well to glean out the nuggets and to help you choose the things those owners have also had experience with or found they needed/didn't need.

By the time you get to the factory you should be fully informed on what you want....good luck!

Welcome! As a fellow Hallmark owner I have thoroughly enjoyed my camper! Have fun in your travels.

Happy Motoring in your new rig. You will absolutely love it... it becomes a wonderful journey!

Welcome!
Some amazing folks on here. This group made my jump to truck camper life sooo much easier.
Happy trails to you and yours.

Back
Top Bottom