An Open Apology

the fisherman

Big Time
I guess out of couriosity, I went back and looked at the posts in the Lounge before I found this site. The first thing I noticed was the attached avatars, the were all normal, now take a look at them, honestly I think they were pretty dull before, but that's just me. Also, there were not too many jokes, infact I couldn't find anything I could call a joke. There's a lot of good information available, but some this stuff like the cat litter toilet has been beaten to death, and in some circles, people might find some of that offensive. I could change my ways I guess, I know it won't be easy. I guess my question is this, do you want to go back to the way things were, or should we continue on our present path to destruction? What do you think?
SINCERLY YOURS "THE PROBLEMCHILD"

I'm not entirely sure where you are going with this, the lounge is just that, a lounge...there weren't many (any) jokes in there before and I see no problem with them, you can either read them or not. Levity is a good thing.

First and foremost this is a site about Four Wheel/All Terrrain Campers and camping, and I believe that's why most people come here. As far as going down a path of destruction, I'm not sure what you mean. I like the site just fine, warts and all. When you say "go back to the way things were", do you mean sans jokes???

I guess out of couriosity, I went back and looked at the posts in the Lounge before I found this site. The first thing I noticed was the attached avatars, the were all normal, now take a look at them, honestly I think they were pretty dull before, but that's just me.
I don't think that's your fault, but maybe your inspiration.
Also, there were not too many jokes, infact I couldn't find anything I could call a joke.
Okay, maybe that's your fault. A fault I welcome.

There's a lot of good information available, but some this stuff like the cat litter toilet has been beaten to death, and in some circles, people might find some of that offensive.

The circles that I envision you traveling in, wouldn't find anything posted here to be offensive.

I could change my ways I guess, I know it won't be easy. I guess my question is this, do you want to go back to the way things were, or should we continue on our present path to destruction? What do you think?
SINCERLY YOURS "THE PROBLEMCHILD"

So, where is the apology?;) I don't think one is called for, but I don't see it.

The circles that I envision you traveling in, wouldn't find anything posted here to be offensive.
So, where is the apology?;) I don't think one is called for, but I don't see it.

HAHAHAHA!

Jon, you're OK.

I only wish we'd all be more respectful toward women...

So, where is the apology?;)
Well, somewhere along the line I realized that I do live a some what different life than a lot of people here, which is no big deal, because we all live different lives. In the fishing world, it can often be an all too serious business, when I think of the number of friends I've lost in the realitivly short time I've been fishing, it's almost shocking. It's something I don't think about everyday, but it's easy to see why we tell jokes, do at times childish things, and are generally viewed as crazy and irresopnsible. We do it to break the boardem and to ward off the terror. At times I let that leak over into my other life on the beach. I know that sometimes people don't understand that. I like to take risks, my favorite drug is adrenline, I don't take foolish risks, but if it looks doable I'll probably try it, I guess I feel like I do that here, I just don't want to piss people off, at least not the majority. So, here goes, if I piss you off, I'm sorry.............................NOT

Worst. Apology. Ever. :D

I don't know what you're talking about, and I haven't known what you're talking about since you first got here. But I don't mind and it doesn't sound like you care, so....

I don't come here for jokes. And I don't come here for the tech, for the most part. I'm here for the pics. Preferably pictures of campers somewhere cool and beautiful. The low brow redneck pics & humor does nothing for me, but it doesn't offend me if I skip right over it.

The neatest thing about this version of vBulletin? The ignore feature!

Have a nice day -

HAHAHAHA!

Jon, you're OK.

I only wish we'd all be more respectful toward women...

Mark, I'm glad that you brought that up, I can tell you from my heart that I am not sexist, a racist, I'm not homophobic, and I'm not antisemitic. I truly love my brothers and sisters, all of them, and that includes those who don't love me. I think humor comes from all directions, I've thought often about where it actually does come from, it turns out that a lot of it is born in prisions, and much is actually born from pain, and suffering. I tell no joke to offend, ever, I tell them to make you laugh. If I do offend, I am truly sorry. Gee, I wish I had some pictures to show you.

:confused:
Ok maybe I'm just a bit too close to the way you are but why the apology?
Aren't we all just having fun. You did do a great job of lighting a fire under our behinds to go from technical blah blah blah to some more fun stuff.
THANKS DUDE:thumb:

If it wasn't for the newborns I would be at the Hogfest.

BTW I will consider pac brak when I get air bags;)

Back
Top Bottom