Anna Lake - July 2016

I am reverting the blog post to a draft so I can add the remainder of the story to it. It will be back up soon. Thanks all for the nice comments. :)

ski3pin said:
I am reverting the blog post to a draft so I can add the remainder of the story to it. It will be back up soon. Thanks all for the nice comments. :)
And here we thought you were being a rascal, leaving us dangling, then heading out for another adventure ;)

Wandering Sagebrush said:
And here we thought you were being a rascal, leaving us dangling, then heading out for another adventure ;)
hummmm..........................that never occurred to me until now.................................oh, now I understand. The Lady took three girlfriends on a cross country hike in Desolation Wilderness today..........................they left me in the shop to work. :)

Mr. 3Pin, that was truly a beautiful place to spend a few days. Spectacular scenery, flowers, fish and critters. When I looked at the map, I had no idea it was that high.

Thanks for taking us along on the trip!

What beautiful country. I have found that the worst thing about untrained dogs is usually their owner's pointless yelling at them- but seemingly a minor nuisance during a beautiful weekend. I enjoyed your report- thanks!

Ski, another great TR, and some pretty nice looking fish. Beautiful country, Thanks again for all of your great posts. jd

Very nice golden trout. Haven't had the opportunity to fish for them since our last time at Highlands Lk.
Another great ride/hike along.
Really enjoyed the eagles,trout,wildflowers and mountain views.
The videos sure bring the trip to life.
Thanks.
Frank

Wonderful. Thanks. Eagles have been known to take small dogs. Pity they missed these. I guess they prefer fish.

Wonderful fish tale. But with pics, so guess we have to believe you. :oops:
I particularly liked the shot of mixed ice and rock reflections.

You are blessed to have a lil' mule who tolerates fishing and photography, both pursuits of the patient.
The videos are an additional asset to your blogs. Thanks for bringing us a special experience.

Great TR as usual. The place you forded the Little Walker River looks very familiar. Did you drive past the Marine Corp. Mountain Warfare Training Center on Hwy. 108 and enter the Hoover west of the center at a roadside trail head? A few years back, before my son got his Eagle Rank, and left for college, we took his scout troop on a backpacking trip to Fremont Lake. It was a beautiful trip and the fly fishing was incredible (as long as you could dodge the skeeters).

Which brings me to my next question, how were the mosquitoes? Those meadows you crossed looked like skeeter heaven.

I think it's awesome that we can live in an area where I can bake in 95° heat in central Nevada and you all can hike through snow fields and chip ice out of a lake that's not that far from my destination!

I haven't backpacked in a couple of years, but the other day my son asked me "Dad, I was thinking it'd be cool to thru-hike the Tahoe Rim Trail next summer, would you like to go with me?" In considering the invitation, I briefly thought to myself, I'm lucky to have a son in college who still wants to hang out with his dad and for over two weeks straight to boot, so I said yes. We'll see if we actually pull it off or not, but your TR definitely whetted my appetite for a backpacking trip. Now, if I could only find a "Little Mule" of my own...

Wish I still lived out west! there's so much to see and do. Lived in Vegas for a few years and loved going out to redrock canyon and lee mnt. A friend of mine had a truckcamper and we used to go up to Utah and trout fish. What beautiful country! stuck in Florida for a few more years then headed bck west. Keep the stories and pics coming.

GroovyDad said:
Great TR as usual. The place you forded the Little Walker River looks very familiar. Did you drive past the Marine Corp. Mountain Warfare Training Center on Hwy. 108 and enter the Hoover west of the center at a roadside trail head? A few years back, before my son got his Eagle Rank, and left for college, we took his scout troop on a backpacking trip to Fremont Lake. It was a beautiful trip and the fly fishing was incredible (as long as you could dodge the skeeters).

Which brings me to my next question, how were the mosquitoes? Those meadows you crossed looked like skeeter heaven.

I think it's awesome that we can live in an area where I can bake in 95° heat in central Nevada and you all can hike through snow fields and chip ice out of a lake that's not that far from my destination!

I haven't backpacked in a couple of years, but the other day my son asked me "Dad, I was thinking it'd be cool to thru-hike the Tahoe Rim Trail next summer, would you like to go with me?" In considering the invitation, I briefly thought to myself, I'm lucky to have a son in college who still wants to hang out with his dad and for over two weeks straight to boot, so I said yes. We'll see if we actually pull it off or not, but your TR definitely whetted my appetite for a backpacking trip. Now, if I could only find a "Little Mule" of my own...
Groovy, great that you committed to the backpack trip with your son! Good luck with the little mule.

Mosquitoes - never pulled out or used the repellent.

The trailhead is on the Little Walker River Road just to the south of the turn off for 108 and Sonora Pass.

Lighthawk said:
Wonderful fish tale. But with pics, so guess we have to believe you. :oops:
I particularly liked the shot of mixed ice and rock reflections.

You are blessed to have a lil' mule who tolerates fishing and photography, both pursuits of the patient.
The videos are an additional asset to your blogs. Thanks for bringing us a special experience.

hoyden said:
Wow! wow! and how lovely! Yes, thank you for taking us along!

Thanks so much for the nice comments!

Back
Top Bottom