Annual Truck Camper Magazine Calendar photo contest.

Over on rv.net, truck camper forum, one member requested that people vote for his 3. I thought this was a photography contest, not a popularity contest. I felt I even went too far on this forum by saying which page mine were on and where taken. I wouldn't have even done that but someone else did so I followed suit. The main thing, though, is that neither of us asked for votes. I suppose that, if you were on Facebook, you could ask your "friends" to vote for you. TCM would get a BIG mailing list boost to be sure. Anyway, I have been a photographer for a long time (back in the real "dodge" and "burn" days in the darkroom). Now, anyone with a point and shoot, cell phone or entry level (or Pro camera gear who can afford the $$$) can call themselves a photographer. Rant over. Happy trails.

I can't claim I don't have any bias, but I was looking for what I wanted to see on a calendar.

Exactly. As another poster said, it was really difficult to choose only 2 after choosing my own. Some really excellent entries. I hope, as you did, that people made their choices based on what they would like to see for a month.

Surprised to see one I thought was a sure thing did not even get honorable mention. I have heard TCM will only do articles or photos of campers whose manafacturers advertise or sponser on the website. I guess business is business, but it still bugs me.

I voted and none of my three entries made my top five, so I didn't even vote for myself. A couple of my votes did make it in though. Couple more were in the honorable mention.

Back
Top Bottom