Another Alaskan Owner

PackRat

I was #2 behind 62C20 (Randy) on the Sonoma 76 8 Ft. CO he bought a few months ago. He decided to go in a different direction with camper for his 2017 Ford and keep the 1962 Chevy for a work truck so he kindly contacted me and I went to see it and bought it.

It is one of the best 60s or 70s I have seen out there and I have been looking for over a year for that exact set up. Condition is always an issue and he had already started in with butyl tape and new screws and sealant and had a box with the Pirelli seal and a complete piston from Brian at Alaskan ready to go in. The bottom of the LF tube is split and has two hose clamps on it and leaks like crazy...and raising/lowering the top is an adventure right now. Not much damage to the Pirelli seals, but they are like fringe in some places and was destroyed and will all be replaced.

Recovering the upholstery and carrying Memory Foam for each bunk is planned.

The original bullet lights were in a box so after sorting out if the wiring is OK, they will go in also. It had no propane tank & regulator but I have one from my old Lance to use. The fridge is an ice box so aside from putting in new water lines and cleaning the tank that should be OK. The hand pump is an unknown as of yet.

It came with four brand-new REICO Titan 2000# jacks so they will be mounted when more favorable weather makes working in the driveway possible, till the it is tarped in the truck and I'm just cleaning it on the inside. Basically the same exact AK as the 66 NCO we had years ago with a "second bedroom" as I'm 6'4" and two of us in the old NCO bunk wasn't comfortable.

It even came with a Porti-Potti 245.

He even had the original key to the back door for me.

More pics when the weather improves in Feb/Mar. I will try to replace the split ram in the meantime and sort out the wiring.

I might need a 60s-70s hand pump if one was available and could use a few Bargman 52 Amber clearance lenses and a lead on finding the two-prong male plug to make a wiring pigtail for it. Maybe Brian still has them?

Whoopee! I'll be able to make it to the Sierras this summer in comfort and style!

Back
Top Bottom