Another ATC Bobcat

Cort

Captain Moderation
Hello all,

Well after a lot of deliberation, reading through I can't tell you how many posts, and numerous phone calls to both ATC and FWC I decided to order an ATC Bobcat. While price was somewhat of a factor the main reasons that I went with ATC was the service that I have already received from the guys there. Marty is easy to talk to on the phone, is obviously knowledgeable about there product and is very prompt/responsive to emails and questions. Now I just have to make it through the next 6 or so weeks.

Thanks for all the help so far Marty
and
Thanks to all those who have posted and made it easier for us newbies to pop-ups make educated decisions.

Cort

Congrats! Glad to see another Bobcat out there. Good choice.

welcome to the group.did you order the dinette?it's a nice set up.we really like ours.it makes the interior more useful.the wait can get long,just hang in there the time will zoom by and it should be ready just in time for the nice weather.frank

The camper is pretty much fully loaded:
Fantastic Fan
Furnace
Electric Water Pump
Luggage/Boat Rack
Mechanical Jacks
Auxiliary Battery System
Awning and Awning Light
Rear Wall Steps
Rear Flood Lights
110 Volt System
Wired for Solar
Dinette
ATC threw in an extra vent for over the bed

The camper is pretty much fully loaded:
Fantastic Fan
Furnace
Electric Water Pump
Luggage/Boat Rack
Mechanical Jacks
Auxiliary Battery System
Awning and Awning Light
Rear Wall Steps
Rear Flood Lights
110 Volt System
Wired for Solar
Dinette
ATC threw in an extra vent for over the bed

that sounds like a great choice of features.you won't be sorry with any of those options.do you plan on carrying a kayak or canoe?if so you might check out my thread on the rack i use for my canoe.also roof lifters have been getting a bit of attention lately.several of us have installed them after market. frank

I plan on using the rack for any one of the following: Small Creek Boat, Bicycles, Totes, and eventually a large Yakima Box of some type. I will check out your thread on the Rack. I have been following the thread on the lift helper struts. I am going to see what folks think of them after they have been installed for awhile but I think its a great idea

I plan on using the rack for any one of the following: Small Creek Boat, Bicycles, Totes, and eventually a large Yakima Box of some type. I will check out your thread on the Rack. I have been following the thread on the lift helper struts. I am going to see what folks think of them after they have been installed for awhile but I think its a great idea

cort if you have any extra weight on the roof some sort of device is almost needed.so far the shocks work great.with the canoe the roof goes up with ease,and down without the sudden drop.actually getting the roof up with extra weight is one thing but with the weight there lowering the roof can be a danger.the shocks take out the sudden drop.mounting them on the outside eliminates trying to get around them over the bed.we were going to have them as an option but after seeing them mounted on the inside thought better of that.than along came the photo of a rig with them mounted outside on the front.we shall see,so far so good. frank

Hello all,

Well after a lot of deliberation, reading through I can't tell you how many posts, and numerous phone calls to both ATC and FWC I decided to order an ATC Bobcat. While price was somewhat of a factor the main reasons that I went with ATC was the service that I have already received from the guys there. Marty is easy to talk to on the phone, is obviously knowledgeable about there product and is very prompt/responsive to emails and questions. Now I just have to make it through the next 6 or so weeks.

Thanks for all the help so far Marty
and
Thanks to all those who have posted and made it easier for us newbies to pop-ups make educated decisions.

Cort

Cort,

Welcome to the group and enjoy your new Bobcat. Congratulations!

Stew

Now waiting is going to be the hardest part.
blink.gif

Congratulations on your Bobcat. I would like to have the dinette also, but I think it takes away from the storage from what I can tell. The storage under the couch and behind is a big deal for me.

Have fun. You will be getting yours at a good time for a nice trip of some sort.

Darryl

ATC Bobcat, 4x4 Tacoma

Yes I thought about the storage issue but instead of an icebox or fridge I am going to use that areas as a pantry. I already have a really nice cooler that keeps things cold for 4 or 5 days in the desert so I decided to stick with that. I am already planning my first trip for the end of May.....not really sure where yet, possibly the Ruby Mtns or just a quick drive to the east side to hang out for a bit.

Cort

That will be a good trip. We went to the Ruby Mtn's right before I got my Bobcat. If you have time, take the dirt back road along the wildlife refuge down to Ely. Once in Ely, there are a lot of places I want to go back and check out. A lot of things are hidden, so just look for them. You can also go to Great Basin National Park. It has a pretty cool cave there. And, you can camp in one of 3 different campgrounds that are at very different elevations. We then went south to Cherry Creek Campground on desert dirt roads and saw some wild horses. As many of the folks here have figured out, Nevada has some interesting things if you get off the main roads I learned.

Yes, I have the 3 way refer. We used to carry around a cooler that had a chiller in it. I wish I had a freezer for ice for my refreshments, though so we carry some ice. But, I never had a camper before and I love it the way it is. I guess when you never had nothing, something is good.

Also, you will be very happy with the ATC folks. I somewhat bought mine on an impulse buy as I purchased the only one they made from stock parts and they were offering it on a great deal in March of 09. My wife told me to stop being cheap and just buy it as she was getting sick of me camping in the camper shell. Plus, I am getting old and I had fallen out of the back in the middle of the night too many times. I knew nothing about the ATC folks and for some reason I was having trouble getting the competitor to return my phone calls so I ended up going to see the ATC guys. It appears to be one of the better moves I have made. We love our Bobcat and the support from ATC has been superb. I have never really had any issues, but if you do you can rest assured these guys will take care of you with no hassle what so ever and they will do it without you having to wait.

Darryl

Welcome and congrats on the new Bobcat. The wait will be over before you know it, and let the adventures begin! Darryla is right about the Rubys. The East Humboldts are worth a visit also. Ely..........you could spend a lifetime discovering things around there, enough said!

I spent a fair amount of time in and around the Ruby's...I find that area amazing....especially if you are into geology! Bobcat is going an 01 Tacoma, V6, TRD, Firestone Bags, E-rated Tires. Still need to upgrade the shocks and maybe do something with the front end....think I am going to take it out on a trip first and get a feel for what other suspension mods I want to do.

Cort

Talked to the guys at ATC today and looks like we are still on schedule for delivery next Friday!!!!! I think this is going to be one long week..I can't believe the wait is almost over. I pic it up on a Friday so I think I will do a quick weekend trip before returning to work on Monday.

Cort

Took delivery of the Bobcat on Friday the 14th. I had a great time with the guys at ATC and they set me up real nice. The wife and I immediately headed for Plumas and Lassen for a quick shakedown trip. What a great weekend we are beyond words. More details and pics to come later.....just got done unpacking and need to eat some food.

Back
Top Bottom