Another Attempt at ID

Philthytoo

Hi Everybody!
Out of curiosity, I'm trying to pin down what year my camper might be. 8 ft, NCO, I can find no numbers on it in the usual places. It does not have a heater, and has the 3-burner stove top with no oven. Does not have any overhead cabinets.
Does anybody know if the heaters and overhead cabinets appeared after a certain year, or were they offered as options from the beginning?
Thanks,
Phil

I think there are several different places to find your numbers. I had an 8' NCO and the year was engraved on the back plate of the camper. If you're facing the door, look down at the bottom on the left side and you may see it there. If I remember correctly, there will be 6-8 numbers. The 2nd and 3rd numbers gives you your year it was made.
I have a 64 10' NCO and I can't find the numbers anywhere? The only way I know its a 64 is because I bought it from the original owners who bought it in 64.
Alaskans were custom ordered. So some got overhead cabinets and some different. My 8' did not but my 10' does. I'm going to guess that that would be the same with a furnace, fridge, etc.

I have been looking at a bunch of pictures of a bunch of campers. Some have clearance/marker lights on the front and back, some only on the sides. The campers that have marker lights on the sides seem to have older style (teardrop-shaped, but horizontal), those that have front and rear marker lights seem to have later-style oval-shaped lights. Does anybody know when the change in marker light shape and location was made?
Thanks, Phil

My 1976 Alaskan has FIVE clearance lights in front and FIVE at the rear.
It has another clearance light and a reflector at the front of each side and another clearance light and reflector at the rear of the side panel.

Total oval clearance lights = 14
Total oval reflectors = 4

Clearance light bases: BARGMAN
Clearance RED: BARGMAN (5) (REAR
Clearance AMBER: BARGMAN (5) FRONT
Reflectors RED: REFLECT-O-LITE (2)
Reflectors AMBER: REFLECT-O-LITE (2)

Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking mine is '60's or early '70's, but in the end it doesn't really matter. This is a down-the-road project, I have set in an 8 foot utility bed trailer.
Years ago I had a 10 ft NCO, bought out of the '60's pickup it had originally been mounted in. I had it in a '48 Chevy 1-ton pickup (with the 9-foot bed). Not worth a lot, but I get the same feel when I'm in this 8-footer.
Thanks Again!

Philthytoo said:
I have been looking at a bunch of pictures of a bunch of campers. Some have clearance/marker lights on the front and back, some only on the sides. The campers that have marker lights on the sides seem to have older style (teardrop-shaped, but horizontal), those that have front and rear marker lights seem to have later-style oval-shaped lights. Does anybody know when the change in marker light shape and location was made?
Thanks, Phil

Hi Philthytoo:

The 1969 Alaskan campers has 2 teardrop markers lights mounted horizontally at the front (amber lens) and rear (red lens) on each side. They also have the Hehr standard windows sets with 2 stacked, top-hinged aluminum framed windows each side of a center fixed picture window.

The 1971 (or so) Alaskan campers have 2 rectangular markers lights on each side (amber front and red rear) and the newer Hehr square-cornered window sets with 1 square sliding window fore and aft of the center fixed picture window. They also have 2 rectangular marker lights on the front corners of the camper and likely two at the rear corners also.

These features are shown in the 1969 and 1971 sales brochures just posted in the Alaskan Brochures locked thread at the top of this page. Enjoy!

Denver Alaskan

I have a 1969. 10 NCO. When I pulled the old water tank out there was a date on it. Also sometimes you can look at the window designs they changed a couple of times.

With the camper raised look at the rear driver-side corner. There should be a serial number stamped into the metal. I can't remember what numbers are which, but the year is in there. As far as upper cabinets and heater, I owned a 1964 and it had upper cabinets. I do know the original Alcan Campers before they were Alaskans did not have upper cabinets. Those campers are pre 1960's.

Alaskan Trailer.jpg

It's towards the end of a list of projects, but this is a mock-up of an idea I've had.

Nice looking sir.
Thought those were two roof top A/C units at first.
Clean looking rig did you have to do a lot to get in that condition?

Russ

Not a whole lot. 10 trailer home built. 3500 lb axles. I want to change them to a electric brake. I ran it across the scale the other day. It showed 2300 lbs. still a work in progress like a/c. Yet I have to put my boat on top.

Hello Igottasail

Good for you on the camper not needed to have much done, but enjoy.
Check with a axle company you might be able to add brakes to your existing axle.
Is the front side panel hinges for access looks like it is.

Russ

foleysF8 said:
With the camper raised look at the rear driver-side corner. There should be a serial number stamped into the metal. I can't remember what numbers are which, but the year is in there. As far as upper cabinets and heater, I owned a 1964 and it had upper cabinets. I do know the original Alcan Campers before they were Alaskans did not have upper cabinets. Those campers are pre 1960's.
Hello, my 1965 NCO 10’ has the serial number stamped into the metal in the same location. The Camper I have is number 7, built in Seattle, WA. My Camper does not have the overhead cabinets. Vance.

Back
Top Bottom