Another Minor Mod to the Raven

captainphx

Can you tell what is different?

Before…………

IMG_6109.jpg

After……….

IMG_1215.jpg

Now that is one sweet looking combination! Well, either alone is pretty sweet! Congratulations!

Steve

Now that is one sweet looking combination! Well, either alone is pretty sweet! Congratulations!

Steve

Thanks! Here is a pic of the truck alone.

IMG_1174.jpg

Had to make some plate extensions for the camper jacks to accommodate the extra width of the vehicle.

IMG_1202.jpg

But the problem I had to deal with was, what to do with the rear end sag, with the weight of the camper. Did a lot of research and found that there is no airbag solution. Stiffer springs would have ruined the ride when the camper is off, and add a leaf comes into contact with the wheel well in some situations. So… I found a company called RPG that makes a bump stop kit. Normally, I run the 2.5 inch bump stops, but when the camper is on, I switch to the 4.0 inch bump stops.

IMG_1178.JPG

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

The RPGs look interesting, thanks for sharing the pics. Let us know how the ride is, after a few trips.

Curious how you handled the payload issue with the Raptor coming from the factory at just a little over 1000# for payload? I'm getting ready to order a Hawk but concerned with the payload issue on my FX4 at 1319#. Thanks.

Curious how you handled the payload issue with the Raptor coming from the factory at just a little over 1000# for payload? I'm getting ready to order a Hawk but concerned with the payload issue on my FX4 at 1319#. Thanks.

Had a 1,300 lb payload on my Titan and decided to sell it and get a bigger truck.

Well, I can't technically change the payload, so I guess I'm over gross. But it seems to handle it just fine.

Well, I can't technically change the payload, so I guess I'm over gross. But it seems to handle it just fine.

Sorry, I missed your post on the RPG and didn't understand what that was about. Searched YouTube and saw a presentation on the RPG bumps. Looks like a great solution from Hellwig. Let us know how that performs.

Back
Top Bottom