Another table design

Laguna-to-Crestone

I thought I would share my new table for my Ocelot with roll-over couch. I mounted the table on the cabinet in front of the water tank using oak mounts that allow the sliding cabinet door to slide behind them. The table sits on folding shelf brackets. I added a couple of braces to the inside of the cabinet - a piece of 1.5" X 3/4" wood that ties the front of the cabinet to the back that I accessed through the drawer opening and an angle iron inside the cabinet.

The table is 18" X 32" and made of 3/4" oak plywood.

Attachments

• DSC00591.jpg
    DSC00591.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 328
  • DSC00587.jpg
    DSC00587.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 346
  • DSC00593.jpg
    DSC00593.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 348
  • DSC00592.jpg
    DSC00592.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 325
Hay, it's just like my table but improvement. My table mounts to the top rail of the sliding door, but is a little high. You added two right angle braces so you can lower the table to a normal hight. A little more work but it looks good. So maybe it time to do some modifications. Great job.

I just used a simple hinge to mount the table. Then I used a 6 x 10 x 1/8"brace to the lower slider rail that held it up. So when folded down it is flush to the original cabinets. Then I put a magnetic cabinet latch to hold it in place when down. The shelf brackets don't let the table fold down flush to the cabinets.

I used 1/2" ash plywood for the table and rounded the corner. You can add 3/4" molding to the outside and sand it cut/sand it down to 1/2". Steam the trim for 30 min at to fold it around the corner.

Note the extra board on the bottom of the shelf. This is for storing the brace. I cut a 1/4" groove in the table holding brace and extra board to allow the brace to slide into when down.

I've used the original and my new design and the new one is much better. Great improvement!

Attachments

• Table_support.jpg
    Table_support.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 189
  • Table_up.jpg
    Table_up.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 181
Back
Top Bottom