another water system?

dennis 221

heading to Rockies ! when I fill my water tank system Will water be pumped into the shower lines or will the air pressure in empty line keep water out of shower line ?

You will have some amount of trapped air in the lines but, unless they were specifically laid out in a way that holds that bubble at the shower valve by having the lines slope down from the valve, I wouldn’t depend on that to prevent freezing in those lines.

If you want to use the water system in the winter without the shower lines being filled, best bet is to install shutoff valves in the showet lines. Alternatively, keeping the camper heated and the cabinet doors open where the plumbing is, combined with periodic dumping of warm water from the heater back into the main tank can prevent the system from freezing at least in mild freezing conditions. However, if you are abandoning taking showers, to me it just seems easier to winterize the system (however you’ve decided to do that) and live out of water containers kept in the camper. A small tub in the sink allows washing without putting water in the drain.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom