Water system issue

Well, folks, I followed the group’s instructions: hooked up to city water opened the tap and shower. Here’s what I found. Sure looks like a cracked manifold to me - can anyone confirm? If so, what type of manifold is it so I can replace it?
Well that is no good. Is that the only leak? It is a starting point to go through the whole system. Freezing water has a way of breaking things and water can pool and hide in a plumbing system.

I have no idea how the newer campers are plumbed and thanks to Sage to point you in a good direction.

Keep us posted and ask more questions along the repair path.

Just a thought.... If the water pump was pumping water out the outlet, then that leak you showed would be leaking by the water pump pressure. So just be prepared that there still be a issue with the water pump also.

Just a thought.... If the water pump was pumping water out the outlet, then that leak you showed would be leaking by the water pump pressure. So just be prepared that there still be an issue with the water pump also.
I considered that, too. I’ll report back with what I find.

and an observation from my camper, if I have two water outlets open, not much water comes out of either.... seems the pump needs to have some "backpressure"? to operate? So, I suspect that manifold leak will prevent the pump from working well. Fix that first and hopefully all will be well.

On another note, 2 manifolds (that I am aware of) failing recently. Must be something "best practice" wise we can pass on to our members in order to avoid this?

I see pictures of the new plumbing and it baffles me as to why it looks so complicated and more parts that might be needed. More parts means more parts that can break. I like it simple.

I can see one manifold with individual lines heading off to each compliance. And it shows as a bunch of water pipes snakes taking up room. For a quick look it might look confusing.

Running plumbing in a house one line is run and tee's along the way branch off. Looks simple.

In the camper if the drain line back into the tank is the low spot, then why not have all lines from there have a slope downward to it. Might help prevent having water in runs that are flat and the volume freezes.

Just chatting....

Well, folks, I followed the group’s instructions: hooked up to city water opened the tap and shower. Here’s what I found. Sure looks like a cracked manifold to me - can anyone confirm? If so, what type of manifold is it so I can replace it?

View attachment 66656

Here is my experience with that manifold a few years ago:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom