Any Experience with the Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 Wide Angle Lenses?

Lens flare/reflections can be an issue with this lens when the sun is in the frame, so check shots to make sure you got what you were expecting.

Oh, the sunbursts.................................

Bodega-March2014-062-copy.jpg

Aspens-Oct-2015-060-copy.jpg

DVNP-Thanksgiving-2014-434-copy.jpg

IMPORTANT LITTLE TIDBIT OF INFORMATION:

I just learned that the Tokina 11-16mm f 2.8 AT-X116 Pro DX will NOT auto-focus on most of the D-Series Nikons because this lens doesn't have a focus motor on it. The newer version of the lens, which is the Tokina 11-16mm f 2.8 AT-X116 Pro DX II, has an auto focus motor built in and will work on the D-Series.

Thankfully, I purchased mine from Amazon and I can return it for a full refund. I'm ordering the DX II today.

GroovyDad said:
IMPORTANT LITTLE TIDBIT OF INFORMATION:

<snip>
And I am so sorry I missed that important little detail in your first post. I wish we had all caught it earlier. Yes, I have the new version.

My DX is on its way back to Amazon and my DXII should be on its way to me. I really liked what I saw through the viewfinder though and I can't wait to get it.

I should have caught this as well. I assumed the new DX bodies all had the screw drive motor. Yes, I believe you'll be very happy with this lens. Keep us posted.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
I should have caught this as well. I assumed the new DX bodies all had the screw drive motor. Yes, I believe you'll be very happy with this lens. Keep us posted.
My 7100 body has the AF motor but I don't think the smaller numbered bodies have it.
I am looking forward to acquiring the Tokina lens also after some higher priority items are out of the way. :(

Paul

I made the mistake of not taking RAW, but now you can get a 128G SD card for your camera so I keep it on RAW+JPEG all the time and only download the RAW to my laptop. Going through my pictures from last year and the wide angle lens is the way to go. I have the sony 16-35 mm EF full frame which should be about the should be about the same as the 11-16mm APS-C.

Back
Top Bottom