Any Fuses Blown?

Wallowa

Double Ought
Always trying to anticipate a problem and then to prepare for it....I plan to carry extra blade fuses used in our new Hawk. Simple insurance but only if I have at least a WAG why the fuse blew.

Which, if any, fuses and on what circuits have any of you had fail in a FWC?

Possible reason for circuit causing the fuse to melt?

Thanks,

Phil

Blew a water pump fuse. If it happens replace it and don't worry unless it keeps happening. Sometimes you just pull enough energy as a fluke due to a capacitor in a ballast or this or that or the other. It happens even when everything is OK.

I've only blown one fuse. One time when I was using my drill plugged into the cig adapter to raise my bed part of the roof

, the fuse blew. My fault for cranking running my drill on high instead of low

isonychia said:
Get the slow blow for your fantastic vent as well.
Before replacing that fan fuse, verify that you didn't leave the Fwd/Rev switch in a mid position. Don't ask me how I know :(

Paul

When things are working correctly & installed correctly, most 12V fuses won't blow "just because". But that said, having a few spares would be a great idea. The only time I have typically blown a fuse is when I was installing something or removing something from the camper with the battery still hooked up, when swapping out a bad battery, or if I plugged something too powerful into the 12v outlets. Besides that, haven't had too many problems over the years with fuses popping.

Thanks Stan for monitoring this forum and response...that rings true. Probably most melted fuses come from direct shorts....in any event not a big issue..

Phil

Back
Top Bottom