Any FWC in Central Texas area?

T-Rex

Hi,
My husband and I are extremely interested in looking into getting a FWC. We achieved our first step, which was to buy the truck—just got it yesterday!

For some reason, truck campers aren't very popular in Texas. Is there anyone on these boards from central Texas who would be kind enough to let us take a look at their camper rig, as well? Or know of any FWC meet up groups in Texas?

Feel free to PM if needed.

We definitely want to take a trip to Denver, but can't until this spring.

Thanks so much.

I spent 4 weeks camping in Texas in April and the first weeks of May. My observation was that it is pretty hot and Humid. Having an air conditioner and a AC hookup seems like it would have been a nice thing to have in Texas. Anyways, I figured I would mention this to see if I could give this thread a little kick. I saw some nice State Parks in Texas with hookups. We had a great time even if I was a little hot at night.

Steve

Steve,

Thanks for the "kick"!

Yes, it's definitely hot and humid here. The prevailing message we get is "don't camp now, wait til it cools off!" Air conditioning is a must for most people.

What part of Texas were you in? We're looking forward to exploring more of the Hill Country (central Texas), the Big Bend area, and working our way into New Mexico and Colorado.

If you find yourselves in southern New Mexico (Cloudcroft area), I'd be happy to show you my FWC Eagle. I'm guessing you will be in the market for a Hawk though.

Thank you so much, highz. Just saw some wonderful photos of White Sands today, and thought we needed to schedule something soon. Will definitely take you up on that if we head out your way.

Likewise, if anyone passes through Central Texas, we could exchange beer and bar-b-que for a viewing. ;)

If near Las Cruces, I have an ATC Bobcat that you could look at. While not as large as a Hawk/Panther, you can get a pretty good idea of what they are like from an Eagle/Bobcat.

Thank you so much, highz. Just saw some wonderful photos of White Sands today, and thought we needed to schedule something soon. Will definitely take you up on that if we head out your way.

Likewise, if anyone passes through Central Texas, we could exchange beer and bar-b-que for a viewing. ;)

Autumn is a great time to visit White Sands. Try to visit on a full moon. They keep the gates open later, and sunset plus full moon makes for a special time. I was just there for the "blue moon". There was a moment at sunset where the sands turned pink and the shadows looked blue - couldn't catch it with my cheap camera, though. Anyway, just PM me if you plan to head out this way.

Attachments

• white_sands_2.jpg
    white_sands_2.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 96
  • white_sands_1.jpg
    white_sands_1.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 93
If near Las Cruces, I have an ATC Bobcat that you could look at. While not as large as a Hawk/Panther, you can get a pretty good idea of what they are like from an Eagle/Bobcat.

I'm also near Las Cruces and have an older Grandby that is currently off the truck. little bigger of course. Might consider retrofitting a small AC unit through a wall like some others have done. Big Bend is great from November into March!

You might look at this. It is close and the price is right.
http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6414/page__pid__73297__st__10&#entry73297

You might look at this. It is close and the price is right.
http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6414/page__pid__73297__st__10&#entry73297

If I was in the market for a Hawk, I'd be driving over to Mark's place right now. I believe he may have another WTWer interested.

Mark—I PM'd you re the Hawk.

Thanks to all of you for the suggestion—we'll drive on over!

PM returned. Still, and all, you ought to see a few of these if you can, just so you get a taste of the different vintages of 'em.

Yes, we'll definitely have to check them out, and will! Planning a camping trip to CO and if we head down y'all's way we can arrange a meet up regardless.

We *just* bought our starter camper—a Quicksilver 10.0, with nothing but water and electric. Really looking fwd to taking it out. My next goal is to visit all the State Parks in central and west Texas!

Back
Top Bottom