any wiring in top rear corners?

RicoV

Does anyone know from experience (or other knowledge) whether there's any wiring in the immediate top rear corners of my Grandby? (i.e., near where the side red reflector and rear red trim lamp are, topmost center in the attached photo). My hope is to secure a pair of tiny attachment brackets to each of those outside corners of the camper (with small bolts through the wall) that would aid in supporting our outside shower shelter rod when it's windy out. And I'm unsure about the location of the wiring to those rear red trim lamps... Thanks!
Rico

Attachments

• shower_support_rod.jpg
    shower_support_rod.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 134
Contact FWC, they should know. What year is your Grandby? I do believe there are some pre-installed wires for flood lights and of course you will have wires running to the clearance lights and porch light.

When I drill into the frame to mount something and I'm unsure if there is wiring at that location, I use a stop collar on my bit so it barely breaks through the wall of the tubing. Even if there are wires you won't nick them or twist them around the bit. When the screw is inserted it will just push the wires aside if you use a screw just long enough to get the job done. This works with self tapping screws, if you through bolt it's better to be free of wiring.

It's a late-2011 model Grandby. I'll talk with FWC as suggested, and then be real careful with any drilling. Thanks again,
Rico

Back
Top Bottom